Breaking the Rules of the Pack by Nikki_Yaoi
Summary: Inuzuka Inyoku was to be married when she hit the age of 15 to the handsome Inzuka Kiba. Could this marriage last? Or would it fail unless Inyoku learns the rules of the pack?
Categories: OC-centric Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1597 Read: 3653 Published: 25/03/07 Updated: 30/04/07

1. A Pack's Meeting by Nikki_Yaoi

2. A Howl. Four Years Later by Nikki_Yaoi

3. A Puppet? by Nikki_Yaoi

A Pack's Meeting by Nikki_Yaoi
Author's Notes:
The whole pack thing is a pun-ish thing xD Man, Inuzuka's are dog people, of course I'm gonna associate them with a pack.
Imma try to make big chapters now..after this though xD

I dun own Naruto
A red headed girl, about the age of nine hid behind her cousin who couldn't have been any older then her. "Ano..Kiba-kun, who are they?" she asked innocently, not leaving her spot behind Kiba.

Kiba smiled widely, "This is Uzumaki Naruto and Nara Shikamaru!" he exclaimed. The girl blushed, before giggling slightly as she saw hers and Kiba's dog wrestling playfully.

The blonde, who was apparently Naruto, smiled at the girl, "Who's this? Huh, Kiba? She your girlfriend?" the boy joked, as the brunette next to him, Shikamaru, smacked Naruto upside the head, muttering troublesome under his breath.

"This is Inyoku-chan! She's my cousin! And that's her pup, Chikpoke, he's from my moms dogs, though he is a runt..." Kiba muttered. Inyoku slowly made her way out from behind Kiba. The girl wore a short red kimono with sleeves that wer way too long for her and normal sandles, not like the ones the others were wearing. She brought a hand up to her face, placing it on one of the two red triangles that was on her face. Her skin was about the same color as Naruto's, slightly lighter however.

"Kiba-kun....Kaasan will be worried about me if I'm gone to long, she's never let me this far away from the house before," she stated to the other Inuzuka as she grabbed his arm lightly, smiling at the other two boys apologetically, "I'm sorry I can't stay longer, but this makes me nervous...."

Kiba sighed in defeat, "I'll try to be back to play later, promise!" He grabbed Inyoku by the hand and started walking towards the young girl's home.

Shikamaru sighed, "Kiba said he already knew he was marrying someone...he has to marry her. He says she's from his family, could that be her? Troublesome..."

Naruto smiled brightly, "Atleast she's cute!"

"You're an idiot Naruto..." Shikamaru muttered as he turned to go to the slides. Naruto glared at Shikamaru. "Stop pouting and come on...." Shikamaru mumbled.

Inyoku frowned as they reached the house. She sat on the proch, Kiba soon sitting next to her, "Why are you frowning, Inu-chan?" he asked in a worried tone.

"Sorry I ruined your fun.." she tried to look serious, but the nickname made her giggled, she always thought it was cute, though typical Kiba would only call her Inyoku-chan around his friends.

"Ah, it's okay, the knuckle heads are always willing to play with me, but I rarely get to see you, what's up with that?" he asked.

"Because, they want me to stay away from other boys, they're all afraid I'll fall in love with one...even though I'm suppose to marry you," she covered her mouth quickly, Kiba hadn't found out yet, "Ah, sorry, Kiba-kun, I have to go!" she yelled, running into the house with Chikpoke at her heels, befor eslamming the door shut.

Kiba sat there dumfounded, he wouldn't truely understand the magnitude of this announcement until four years later...
A Howl. Four Years Later by Nikki_Yaoi
Author's Notes:
Orochimaru: What happened to long chapters?

Nikki: I'm too lazy and my fingers are numb from carpal tunnel...

Orochimaru: Aww....-huggles Nikki-

Nikki: n3n I should have carpal tunnel more often!
Four Years Later

Kiba watched his teammate train as she tried to better herself for that knucklehead of a friend he had. Naruto. It was at times like this he truely understood, he would never be able to be with his beautiful Hyuuga teammates.

"Kiba-kun?" she girl whispered, looking over at the Inuzuka with a slightly worried look on her face as she ran over to him, putting a hand over his forehead, "Are you sick? You're frowning and looking off into space.." she whispered, blushing furiously.

"I'm fine...Hinata-chan," Kiba whispered, regretting persuading his mother to let him be on a ninja team with a woman. He looked up, noticing the sun setting, Inyoku would be there soon.

"Kiba-kun?" came an innocent, yet sad voice that wasn't Hinata's. Kiba turned around to see a girl with light brown hair and hazel eyes , a large wolf like dog next to her. "We need to go home," the woman whispered.

"Ah, you're right, Inyoku-chan..." he said smiling, he had grown even closer to the girl, even though he knew they were going to get married, he had even developed a small crush on her, though it wasn't anything like how he loved the Hyuuga heiress, he loved Hinata too much. Akamaru ran to Inyoku, jumping into her arms and licking her cheek. She giggled, as she cuddled the dog. The girl was a true Inuzuka.

Inyoku ignored the sadness in Kiba's eyes as she hugged Akamaru lovingly. She wasn't a real Inuzuka, a real Inuzuka would do whatever their clan wanted without even a slight protest, she was suppose to be as loyal as her companion. "Come on Kiba-kun..." Inyoku whispered, placing Akamaru on her head as she climbed onto Chikpoke's back, the dog had a large growth spurt in the last few years that he had even amazed Hana. Kiba ran up behind Chikpoke and jumped on his back, wrapping his arms around Inyoku's waste as she placed her hands on the dog's neck.

The dog ran through the trees manuevering quickly before he started more quickly towards a house, digging his paws into the ground as he made his attempt to stop, barely making it. Inyoku jumped off of the dog after placing Akamaru down, she watched as Kiba jumped off, Akamaru at his heels. "Ne, Kiba-kun...I'm gonna be inside in a little...I wanna make sure Chikpoke has clean paws and what not before he comes inside..." she mumbled. Kiba nodded, walking inside with Akamaru.

About thirty minutes later, Inyoku appeared, Chikpoke behind her. "Ano...Tsume-sama, I was wondering if I may talk with you...alone," she whispered, brushing the hair out of her eyes. Tsume nodded and stood up, walking outside, Inyoku following close behind.

"What do you want to talk about today, Yoku-chan, or what was that Kiba calls you? Inu-chan?" Tsume said witha slightly smile on her tan face.

Inyoku blushed slightly, what was it with this place and making nicknames up for her? She quickly pushed the though aside and looked up at Tsume sadly, "Tsume-sama, I don't know if I can get married to Kiba-kun...I don't know how well it'll work out, we're best friends and all...but I don't think he loves me like that and I know I don't love him like that," she whispered, awaiting the wrath from Tsume.

Her smile turned into a frown, "I understand how you feel, but you know you have to do this, I know he loves you atleast a little and I know you love him more then you claim. It'll work out, just think about it, you have two more years," she stated.

"You're right...arigatou, Tsume-sama," she whispered, smiling at her aunt.

Tsume nodded before walking back into the house with Inyoku behind her.
A Puppet? by Nikki_Yaoi
Author's Notes:
-giggles- A big love triangle...er, okay, it's only three people. I hope you enjoy this chapter
Inyoku sat on the porch of the house, her hair down for once, her training clothes on as well as she stared at her bare feet. She looked up once she felt the presence of someone besides her.

"Kiba-kun...shouldn't you be training...?" she whispered, looking up at the tanned man.

He smiled, "I heard that friend of yours was coming to town today and felt I should escort you to where he is staying!" he exclaimed.

"Kanku-chan is in Konoha?" she asked, "Why?"

"Chunnin exams," he replied, noticing the worried look that then flashed across her face as she clenched her fists. "Inu-chan...?" he whispered worriedly, before being hugged by the girl.

"Kiba-kun!" she cried, "I don't want you hurt, I don't want Kanku-chan hurt either!"

"Don't worry, Inyoku-chan!" came a deep voice that certainly wasn't Kiba. Kiba and Inyoku looked over at the owner and Inyoku suddenly smiled, before hugging the man.

"KANKU-CHAN!" she squealed, burying her face in his chest happily, unaware of the slightly jealous gaze the two were getting from Kiba. "Kanku-chan, if you get hurt I'm never forgiving you!' she huffed as she backed away slowly, putting her hands on her hips.

A suave smile crossed Kankurou's face, waiting for Inyoku to take notice of the fact he was in normal clothing and no make-up, she suddenly blushed and fell into Kiba's arms. "Are you sure you wouldn't forgive me?" Kankurou cooed, earning an annoyed glare from Inyoku's cousin.

Kiba helped Inyoku get steady before she punched Kankurou in the face with an aggrivated look on her now red face. "Kanku-chan should know better then trying to act all sexy in my presence! IT WILL NOT WORK ON ME! I am happily marrying Kiba-kun!" she lied as she clung to Kiba's arm, making said man look very uncomfortable.

Kankurou raised an eyebrow, "SO if I was to asked you to accompany me on a walk around Konoha you would not join me?"

Inyoku coughed, "Of course I would! I need to help my friends!" she exclaimed, whistling for Chikpoke who came running and tackling Kankurou. Inyoku started giggling, "Guess he missed you, ne, Chikpoke, get off Kanku-chan."

Kankurou pushed the large dog off of him and stood up, brushing himself off, "Wow, talk about growth spurt...he was smaller then that dog last time I saw him..." he muttered, pointing at Akamaru.

Inyoku shrugged as she jumped onto Chikpoke's back, "You coming? Or you wanna catch up?" she laughed.

"I'll catch up with you in a sec!" he exclaimed, watching the girl bolt off, before turning to Kiba, "I'm not letting you marry her, she's mine."

Kiba snorted, "No, she's going to marry me and you can't stop it!" Kiba snapped.

"You wanna bet?!" Kankurou shot back.

Unknown to both of them, Inyoku was listening silently behind a wall of a neighboring house, a frown appearing on her face. Kankurou loved her? And Kiba did too? But Kiba always shoved love for Hinata...She paused with that thought as she heard footsteps approaching, jumping back on Chikpoke and trotting around in circles so Kankurou wouldn't suspect a thing.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=3941