What Makes the Difference by Moon Ecstasy
Summary: Harry Potter has been sucked into a 17-year-old Naruto's world. How will he get by in a world of Ninjas and wandless magic? What is the threat building within the shadows? And when it comes to broken and whole bonds, what makes the difference?
Warning: swearing shall happen, other than that... we shall see.
Categories: Alternate Universe & Crossovers Characters: Naruto Uzumaki
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: AU
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 14449 Read: 12018 Published: 07/05/08 Updated: 20/07/08

1. Of Mixups and Magic by Moon Ecstasy

2. Wands, Interrogations, and Journals by Moon Ecstasy

3. Alone or Not? by Moon Ecstasy

4. Raman Fixes Everything by Moon Ecstasy

5. Puppets and Blood by Moon Ecstasy

6. Suspicious Suprises and Startling Snakes by Moon Ecstasy

7. Time for Explanations by Moon Ecstasy

Of Mixups and Magic by Moon Ecstasy
Author's Notes:
Okay! Before I begin I must explain to you this fanfic. I read a wonderful fanfic called “Naruto and the Goblet of Fire” Featuring my most favourite characters in the world, Gaara and Naruto! though sadly it lacked my three other favs: Kiba, Choji, and Kankuro and I was smitten with the wonders of combining my two favourite books. I then became inspired to read other such fanfics, and there are some awesome ones. But as I went along I noticed that while Naruto and Co’ constantly went to Harry’s world, Harry and Co’ never really come to Naruto’s world: at least I couldn’t find it. Then Gaaraluver, bless that fabulous writer, made a comment that I should write my own fanfic and of course I became obsessed with this idea. SO... Here it is. GaaraLuver this ones for you!
Disclaimer: I own neither Harry Potter or Naruto: If I did things would have been a little bit different and I wouldn't be dirt poor. So don't sue me, I have no money.
O.O

Chapter One: Of Mix-ups and Magic.

He couldn’t think beyond the tearing sensation. As though every muscle in his body was pulling away from his bones. He was dying, had to be. Nothing else could explain this terrifying feeling.

But how? He remembered several Death Eaters cursing him almost simultaneously, he remembered Ron yelling and an insanely vibrant blue light. And now this pain.

His ears were ringing.

OoOoO

“Hokage-sama.” The Anbu ninja appeared behind her as she stared intently out the window of the Hokage Office.

“What the hell was that explosion, report!” Tsunade whirled around to glare daggers at the Anbu.

“We do not know yet. There was a team nearby when it happened, they have gone to investigate since their charge decided to go that way.”

“Naruto’s shadows?”

“Hai, Hokage-sama.”

“Well of course he went to take a look. Have any others been sent?”

“Hai. A team was sent out, more to replace Naruto’s shadows. Those who were there to begin with will investigate the scene.

“Really now, how long do you think it’ll take the elders to realize Naruto’s no more a threat to this village then he is to that raman stall guy?” The Anbu said nothing and Tsunade waved him away. “Report back when you know what the fuck’s going on.”

Bowing, the ninja disappeared. Tsunade flopped into her chair and sighed. “I need some sake.”

OoOoO

Uzumaki Naruto had been going through his morning training exercises when the explosion had knocked him off his feet. Looking frantically left and right he half expected to see an angry Sakura-chan. Snorting at his own silliness he dusted off his pants and began to run towards the direction of the disturbance.

He could sense the Anbu around him moving in pursuit. They were probably glad of his curiosity, allowing them to act instead of staying to babysit him. Stupid waste of men was Naruto’s opinion. But until they completely trusted him, he doubted the Anbu would ever leave him alone.

Naruto came to a stop at the edge of a barren clearing. Clearing?! There were no clearings around here. But here it was in front of him. The ground was packed hard and was shiny in places. Smoke wafted up from the ground and heat curled around Naruto. Tentatively, he took a step forward.

Something moved in the centre of the clearing and Naruto tensed drawing several shuriken. A figure struggled to stand. It, no he, it was a male, wretched violently and began to hack and tremble. Then he did something amazing.

OoOoO

Everything hurt. Harry Potter didn’t know what had happened but he definitely wasn’t dead. It wouldn’t hurt this much if he was dead. He tried to stand only to find himself spewing what little he had left of the lunch he, Ron and Hermione had eaten before the Death Eaters came. Hacking painfully Harry tried to figure out where he was and where his friends were.

“Ron.” he gasped, “Hermione, where are you guys?” he began hacking again. Gasping for breath he pointed his wand at his throat and muttered “Dolor miniatus.” then he pointed to the edge of the clearing and said with a much clearer voice “Accio branch” A fairly big branch came flying out at him. “Shit!” he cursed then “Protegio!” The branch bounced of the shield landing two feet away.

Instead of risking the same thing twice Harry dragged himself over to the brach and began transfiguring it into a crutch. It was only when he started to stand that he noticed he had company.

“Shit,” he cursed, if this was a Death Eater he was done for. It didn’t look like a Death Eater though, for one it was just a boy. Wearing the strangest clothes Harry had ever seen. An orange outfit with black accents and a headband with a spiral symbol carved into the metal holding back a shock of spiky blonde hair. The kid was watching Harry completely mesmerized. “Shit.” Harry cursed again, a muggle.

The blonde kid started towards Harry, who stood there panicking. What should he do?

OoOoO

That had been awesome, Naruto thought, the boy in black robes had just started pointing his stick around, muttering unintelligible words and things had happened, solid objects had moved. Amazed though he was, Naruto knew that this could be an enemy. He was covered in blood and burns so he had obviously been in a battle. Naruto had to proceed with caution.

“Who are you?” He demanded only to see the boys face cave with confusion. “What is your business here?” The Anbu held back, he figured they were leaving it up to him until things went out of control. “Answer me.” he demanded when the boy still didn’t speak.

O

“I don’t understand you.” Harry said and he watched the boys face wrinkle in confusion. Hadn’t there been a spell Hermione had taught them for occasions such as these? If only he could remember.

o

He had no clue what the boy had just said. “Language barrier,” Naruto mumbled. The kid obviously didn’t speak Japanese. Sighing Naruto pointed at himself “Uzimaki Naruto.” he said clearly, then pointed at the boy and repeated his question.

O

Oh, he wants to know who I am. “Harry Potter.” Harry said

o

“Potter,” weird name though Naruto.

O

He remembered the spell. Slowly so as not to startle the blonde he pointed at his wand, then at Uzimaki’s throat, then at his own throat.

o

“Huh,” what was the boy trying to tell him? Naruto wondered as the raven haired kid repeated his motions.

O

Pointing the wand Harry noticed Uzumaki get into a defensive stance. He lowered the wand and made placating gestures “I’m not going to hurt you I swear.” Apparently, sensing no threat, Uzumaki relaxed his guard. Once more Harry pointed the wand at Uzumaki’s throat. “lingua” then he flicked the wand at his own throat, “intempestivus.”

“What the hell does, he think that will do?” Uzumaki muttered out loud and Harry was relieved that the spell had worked.

“It let’s me understand what you are saying, and in turn you understand me. As will anyone that speaks your language.”

“NANI!” Uzumaki’s eyes widened, “What kind of jitsu was that!?” Harry frowned at the two words, apparently not all words were translatable.

“It’s magic.” Harry told him. Screw the consequences of telling a muggle about magic, the guy had seen to much anyway. Leaning heavily on the make-shift crutch Harry tried to ignore his frazzled nerve endings. As well as the dozen or so uncountable cuts, gouges, and bruises. (He highly suspected a few of his ribs were broken)

“Would you be able to tell me where I am by any chance?” Harry asked the boy ask his blonde companion looked him up and down. There was something in the way the boy looked at him. It made Harry nervous, it was evaluating, suspicious, and wary. A look that Harry would expect from one of the more battle tried members of the Order. It vanished though in Uzumaki’s wide smile.

“You’re in Konohana. Did you cause that explosion?” Harry could hear the unasked question, Are you a threat?

“Um, I’m not quite sure. I was in a battle and several people cursed me. Then pain, a blue light, and I’m here.” Harry realized Uzumaki probably had no idea what anything Harry said meant.

It was as Harry was trying to figure out how to explain his situation that the Anbu decided that they’d had enough hiding. He nearly jumped out of his skin at the masked men drawing his wand. Death Eaters!

“How did you get here?! Where is this?!” Harry demanded even as he noticed that the masks were different then a Death Eater’s.

OoOoO

The Anbu had seen enough to know the drawn wand was a treat. Before Naruto could open his mouth. Potter was unconscious on the ground with a cat-masked Anbu member roping his hands together.

He leaned over and picked up the wand, which had fallen in the attack. He waved it around only to have nothing happen. Raising an eyebrow at the cat-mask he handed him the wand and said, “I really don’t think he meant any harm, most likely was scared of you guys.”

The Anbu shrugged and slung Potter over his shoulder.

“Mind if I come?”

“We would have told you to anyway.” was the reply. Naruto shrugged and followed them.

O.O
End Notes:
SO I posted this on Fanfiction.net first and I'm reposting it here, so you're in for a treat. I have six chapters done all of which I'm posting now. The seventh chapter will be a bit longer in coming.
Please Review!!
Wands, Interrogations, and Journals by Moon Ecstasy
Author's Notes:
So here is chappy two. Enjoy and review!
It's been edited but I am prone to making mistakes. If you see them and feel the need to point them out, do so and I won't mind. I will mind however if you do it in a nasty, rude way and say something like "You're an idiot for getting this wrong! You moron of Loser-ness! Go choke on a marshmallow and die!!" Disclaimer: I own nothing, I am a broke student, do not sue me, it would gain you nothing but my eternal hate.
O-O

Chapter Two: Wands, Interrogations, and Journals.

Tsunade massaged her forehead with the tips of her fingers. You would think, as Hokage, that she’d be able to get some peace and quiet, but noooo, life just had to keep interrupting her sake breaks. She drank it anyway, downing a cupful as Naruto finished his report. The Anbu had already given her theirs and were standing guard over the boy on the couch.

The medic in her wanted to go help the boy, (Harry Potter, Naruto had called him) he was a bloody mess and she could tell by his harsh breathing that he had internal injuries. How had he gotten so beat up when judging by his build and Naruto’s observations he wasn’t a shinobi. They’d have to get him to tell them.

“Okay, I want him under heavy guard. Take him to the hospital; he won’t be able to tell us much unless he gets fixed up. Tell Sakura to tend him. When he wakes up, send for me. Naruto stay here.”

The Anbu left and Naruto watched them go and then turning to face her, he said, “Tsunade-baa-chan, I really don’t think he’s a threat.” Tsunade waved him to be quiet as she inspected the wooden stick on her desk. Picking it up she tried to figure out how it worked.

“Ano...” Tsunade glared at Naruto but he continued, “I keep wondering if this magic he was talking about is similar to our chakra, if so I think that stick might be a channel of sorts.” She tried not to show surprise, Naruto was for all appearances completely dense, but every so often he came out with something half-way intelligent.

“You try it then.” she said, tossing the stick to him, mainly because she didn’t want to risk it blowing up in her face. Better to let the gaki be the lab rat.

Naruto grinned at her as though he knew her motives. Then he sent a small amount of his chakra into the stick and flicked it in the air. Red and blue sparks shot from the stick in a violent arch missing Tsunade’s desk by inches and scorching the wooden frame of the window behind it.

Both shinobi froze, staring at the long, black burn. “Kuso!” Naruto said in disbelief.

OoOoO

When Harry woke up he once again had no idea where he was. It might be a hospital he thought glancing around and the white walls and the curtain surrounding his bed. Then he noticed that he didn’t hurt as much. Yeah it was a hospital.

He was about to climb out of the bed and find someone (What had happened to Uzumaki?) when the curtains pulled back. He scrambled for his wand, but it was nowhere to be seen. Swallowing he faced whoever was coming through.

Pink! He couldn’t help it, it was the first thing he noticed, the nurse (obviously a nurse, judging by her outfit) had vibrant pink hair, and either it was natural or she spent an unhealthy amount of time dying her eyebrows and eyelashes as well. He couldn’t stop staring.

She looked back at him and said in a tone that made him think of Hermione, “Harry-san, you should not be moving right now. I have only just set three broken ribs, a fractured skull, and fixed a small puncture in your lung. By all rights you should be dead, lung punctures are no laughing matter.”

“Um,” for a moment he said nothing, taking in what she had said, then, “what does san mean?” It wasn’t what he had wanted to ask and judging from her surprised look she had expected him to ask other things as well.

“Well san is a polite suffix one attaches to the family name of a person they don’t know.” She smiled, looking like she wanted to laugh.

“Wait, family name?” now Harry was really confused, “you said my given name though.”

She frowned, “But isn’t your name Harry Potter?”

“Yeah, Potter is my family name; Harry is my first name, Harry James Potter actually.”

“Oh?” then “Oh, I understand, your family name is at the end, here our family name is first.” So that blonde haired boy’s name was actually Naruto, Harry realized.

“So uh may I ask who you are?” said Harry trying to be polite as possible, “and where am I?” he tried to peer around the curtains, but she drew them tightly shut.

The pink-haired nurse smiled again, this time in a way that didn’t quite reach her eyes. “My name is Haruno Sakura and you are currently under heavy guard in Konoha Hospital.” Harry’s eyebrows rose at the mention of heavy guard. Just where had he landed himself.

“Uhh...” He was interrupted by the curtain flying open. The boy Uzumaki Naruto came bounding though flopping himself on the end of Harry’s bed with an insane grin on his face.

“Naruto!” Sakura chided in a way that once more made him think of Hermione. “Be more careful.” Naruto stuck his tongue out at her.

Following Naruto at a more sedate pace was a thoroughly pissed-looking, tall woman with two long blonde ponytails and the biggest chest Harry had ever seen. He averted his eyes only to meet Naruto’s. The blonde winked knowingly and Harry blushed. Behind the tall women came two more of the masked men Harry had mistaken for Death Eaters. Looking at them now he could tell that they weren’t. Not only were the masks completely different, but they didn’t wear robes. They still, however, made Harry nervous.

“Listen up gaki,” The blonde woman spoke with a loud voice as she sat in a chair beside the bed. The two masked men positioned themselves on either side of her, “we are gonna ask you some questions and you are gonna answer as fully as you can. If you don’t cooperate then I will hand you over to these guys,” she pointed behind her, “and trust me they aren’t nearly as nice as I am. Their methods are a little more painful.” Harry figured that translated as torture. Swallowing deeply he wondered once more just where the hell he was.

OoOoO

Three hours later they were still questioning him. In order for them to understand everything he was saying, he had to explain the wizarding world. By the time he was done the blonde lady who had introduced herself as the Hokage was rubbing her forehead.

Hokage had been another word that didn’t translate itself for Harry, but judging by the way everyone acted, she was some kind of leader. Harry was to call her Hokage-sama or Godaime-dono which, while it didn’t translate, left in the back of his head the knowledge that it meant fifth. He had no clue what dono meant though.

I must have done the spell wrong, for there to be so many gaps, Harry thought wryly to himself as he continued his story, “... so when the curses hit me I had barely erected a shield. There was a lot of pain and a blue light as well as a roaring in my ears and I woke up in that clearing. And you know everything from there.”

For awhile the Hokage was silent and then Naruto chirped up, “See he’s no threat to the village. He’s also so weak even the youngest shinobi in training could beat him.” Harry was miffed at that statement; he was far from weak in his opinion.

“Hai, Naruto, but remember that sti... sorry wand. With that I’m sure he is rather formidable.” Harry opened his mouth to ask for his wand, but stopped, figuring he’d leave well enough alone. Naruto was still arguing. It was sort of funny to see the boy arguing with a woman who everyone else was giving the utmost respect to.

“Yeah but he has no reason to fight with us he’s not even from this country.”

“If I may,” Sakura drew attention to herself, “I don’t think he’s even from this world.” Everyone was silent at that. Harry was getting a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“Explain Sakura,” the Hokage demanded.

“Well from what he has described I couldn’t place his origins from anywhere in this country or any other on this continent.” She paused, looking at the black haired boy. “I’ve done readings on other continents and nothing matches his descriptions. This England, does not exist in this world, I am sure. I think that what happened to him might have blasted him here over worlds.”

“Have you been reading books on this Sakura?” The Hokage asked with a raised eyebrow. The nurse blushed.

“I’ve read some interesting journals that the Shodaime had when he started Konohana. Not written by him mind, otherwise they probably would have been locked away. A man with a strange name... Merlin, I think it was, wrote about travelling here through time and space.”

Harry gulped, “Uh... did you say Merlin?” he asked quietly, nearly flinching when they all looked at him.

“Yes.”

“Well uh Merlin, if it’s the same person, is a really famous wizard in the wizarding world. He was said to have discovered many things and uh...” Harry trailed off under the stares of the group surrounding him. He had the feeling even the Anbu were staring intently at him.

“Can you tell me about him,” Sakura asked sharing a look with the Hokage.

“Well I know only a little, he was really famous, even muggles knew his name. He created a lot of the charms used today, and he was a member of King Arthur’s court, that was a legendary King in both muggle and wizard history. He also did a lot of other stuff that I can’t remember. But there was a legend that said he went missing for several years in his younger years.”

Sakura turned back to the Hokage, “I think they are the same person, the Merlin that wrote the journals, spoke highly of a prophesied boy named Arthur from his world, which he was determined to help become King. He spoke of the need to return home saying he had many things to do, he mentioned an Order he was creating. And there were several scribbled notes with strange words I couldn’t read and descriptions of what they would do. I didn’t understand what he had meant by wrist movements and...” she trailed off as the others realized the implications of the Merlin that had written the diaries she was reading being the same Merlin Harry knew.

“The Order he was talking about is called the Order of Merlin, it protects muggles.” Harry said as he came to the same realization. He was in another world and he had no idea how to get home.

O.O
End Notes:
Hahaha Oh Harry, how you gonna get home? We shall see, neh?
Alone or Not? by Moon Ecstasy
Author's Notes:
Wha, the short chapter! Be glad you don't have to wait for the next chapter like the first readers did. I was sooo swamped with homework then.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, I am a broke student, do not sue me, it would gain you nothing but my eternal hate.
O.O

Chapter Three: Alone or Not?

They left the boy staring lifelessly out the window. He had become quiet after Sakura’s revelation and Tsunade had all the answers she needed.

“Whatcha gonna do baa-chan?” Naruto asked from beside her as they walked back to the Hokage mansion.

Tsunade sighed, “Well it seems he really poses no threat. I think I’ll have to let him stay, not much else we can do but kill him or toss him out, which even with his strange magic will probably be just as good as killing him. I’ll have to talk to the elders.”

“Let him become a shinobi!” Naruto exclaimed, suddenly hyper, “He’ll be like a new kind of ninja with magic and everything!”

Tsunade stared at the boy, her mind turning. “Well he’s too old to start shinobi training, but I wonder if we can use his skills for our benefit.” She mused for a bit, “When he’s discharged from the hospital, I’m putting him in your apartment building. You’re being pulled off mission duty for awhile.” She ignored Naruto’s angry protest. “Your current mission is now to watch over the boy, teach him about Konoha. Guide him around, see if you can learn anything from him.”

She’d also make Naruto’s shadows this Harry Potter’s shadows as well. “I’ll have to blood bind him to Konoha, he may not be a shinobi, but he’s not civilian either. I’ll also make him a Hokage charge like you were to take care of living expenses... but I’ll still need to talk to the elders first...” By now she was muttering and Naruto was glowering at her.

“Tsunade, this is a really boring mission you know.”

Tsunade glared at the gaki, “It’s an order Naruto! Now beat it.” She left him at the entrance to the Mansion, ignoring the faces he was making at her.

Naruto sighed and went off to tell Kakashi the news.

OoOoO

Hermione, Ginny, and Ron were running for their lives over an open desert. She didn’t know where they were only that someone wanted them dead and it wasn’t even Death Eaters. Harry and the Death Eaters had all vanished. No what chased them was much worse in Hermione’s opinion.

She stumbled and fell breathing harshly. “Mione!” Ron screamed and she looked up seeing several glittering metal objects hurtling at her and her without a wand. Suddenly Ron was in front of her arms spread wide, trying to hide as much of her as he could.

“RON!”

O.O
End Notes:
yup
Raman Fixes Everything by Moon Ecstasy
Author's Notes:
It really does you know.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, I am a broke student, do not sue me, it would gain you nothing but my eternal hate.
T.O

Chapter Four: Ramen Fixes Everything!

Harry felt strangely depressed and sick. Haruno-sama had finally discharged him, after a week, with a warning to get some rest. She didn’t mentioned that she was worried by his continued melancholic state. She figured nothing was as depressing as knowing that it could be years before he saw his friends and family. Or it could be never. What she didn’t understand was why Harry looked so guilty. What did he have to feel guilty over?

Harry, however, felt extraordinarily... inculpative. The wizarding world was at war... and here he was in another world. Him. The guy that was supposed to kill Voldemort. And he felt relieved that he might not have to do that anymore, but he felt horribly guilty at feeling relieved.

And of course he was worried for the well being and safety of those he cared for. For Christ’s sakes, if he was the one destined to kill Voldemort then how the hell would his side win without him? He could only hope to find a way back soon, or at least hope that the prediction ended up wrong and someone else managed to kill Voldemort.

So wrapped up in his thoughts was Harry that he hadn’t paid attention to Naruto’s inane chatter but he was brought to a halt when Naruto stopped and stared at him.

“What’s got you so lost in thought?” He asked almost nonchalantly.

“Uh...” Harry sighed, “I’m worried about my friends. Are they safe, are they trying to find me.” Harry noticed the blondes eyes tighten, the boy knew what he was talking about, this much Harry was sure of. It made him feel more comfortable confessing some of his fears.

“Actually, in my world, much as I hated it, I was an important person.” He smiled a little at Naruto’s skeptical look. “Yeah I may not be strong by your standards but there was a prophecy about me. Apparently I am the only one able to kill this madman trying to take over our world.”

Naruto was walking backwards now, completely focussed on Harry, yet the blonde didn’t trip or bump into anyone. It was like he had eyes on the back of his head.

“Since I’m not there now, I wonder if the prophecy is void or something. I can’t help but feel relieved and that makes me feel so guilty. Why should I be relieved, what if they can’t beat him? What if he wins? What will happen to the people I care for, those that fought beside me?”

“Why do you feel relieved?” Naruto asked.

“Truthfully, I’ve never killed anyone before, not intentionally.” This time Naruto stumbled.

“So you are more like a civilian.” Naruto said, tilting his head, “As shinobi we kill many times.” Harry looked wide-eyed at Naruto. Now he knew why the blonde sometimes reminded him of the older Order members. He knew what it was to take a life.

“Well I know what’ll cheer you up!” Naruto’s grinned, “Ichiraku Ramen!”

OoOoO

Ichiraku Ramen was a restaurant, well more like a booth, Harry saw as they neared it. He had, had no idea what ramen was and when he had asked Naruto... well he regretted asking, that was all. The blonde knew ramen, it was an obsession, it was terrifying. He went on and on about noodle texture, broth thickness, spices, flavourings, and more. It was like listening to an infomercial Harry thought, recalling the annoying commercials that he had seen on the telly during the few times he had actually watched it.

Naruto sat on one of the stools gesturing for Harry to sit beside him, “My treat!” he said, smiling. Then he turned to a kind looking old man behind the counter. “Misu flavoured for me, beef for him.”

“How are you Naruto?” asked the man.

“I’m good Teuchi-san! Better now that I’m here!” Teuchi laughed. Harry could see that this man really liked Naruto. He knew why too, the blonde was so charismatic that anyone who got to know him would like him.

“And you’re a new face around here, what’s your name?”

Harry started at being addressed, then smiled, “My name is Potter Harry, nice to meet you.” He had decided, and been encouraged by Naruto and Sakura, to say his last name first, to avoid confusion.

“Nice to meet you Harry-kun, enjoy.” And a large steamy bowl of soup with long noodles was set in front of Harry. It smelled delicious Harry decided as he looked for a fork. There was nothing... “Uh?”

Naruto noticed Harry’s confusion, “What’s wrong?”

“Where is the cutlery?” Naruto raised one brow, “you know... uh what do I use to eat?”

“OH!” Naruto reached over to a cup full of wooden sticks and pulled one out. He then snapped the wood in half and handed them to Harry, “Chopsticks.” He said then showing Harry how to use them, he began to laugh uncontrollably at Harry’s clumsy attempts.

“What do you use in your world?” He asked. Naruto, Harry noticed, was always asking questions. And while struggling with the chopsticks to eat the raman (which Harry had to admit, was divine and worth all Naruto’s praise) he tried to explain forks and spoons and knives.

Naruto’s eyes bugged out and he laughed asking why would anyone use these spoons when it is so much faster to drink the soup? He continued asking Harry questions about his world, laughing at some things, showing amazement at others.

After Naruto had five more bowls (Harry had one more) they started back to Naruto’s, Harry being grilled the entire way. When they got to the building Naruto led him up to the apartment.

“Tsunade Baa-chan said she wanted you to bunk with me so I got a bigger apartment. I moved in awhile ago, so I got the best room but your's is still pretty good. Well here we are!”

Naruto opened the door and flicked on the lights, showing Harry his bedroom. It was sparsely furnished, one bed with a side table and a lamp, a wall hanging with strange characters, that Harry knew meant “strength and perseverance.” The translation spell extended to Japanese writing he had found, though he still saw it as Japanese. He wondered whether his own writing would show as Japanese or English.

Looking in a closet, he found his robes cleaned and mended. The hospital had provided him with baggy green pants and a black T-shirt that was designed with the strange symbol that was on everyone’s head protector.

“Get comfy, tomorrow we’ll go get some extra clothes for you and other provisions.” Then smiling Naruto left. Harry sunk down into the bed as all his worries, that had been easily suppressed in the blondes presence, came flooding back. What had happened to everyone else? What were they doing? Were they safe? His hands curled into fists, gripping the blanket. He just did not know what to do.

Looking over to the bed table he noticed his wand harness was laying beside the lamp. Another worry, they still hadn’t given him his wand back. He couldn’t hold them for their wariness, he was wary too. He just felt unprotected without his wand.

It was in this uneasy state that the-boy-who-lived fell asleep, far away from home.

O.O
End Notes:
yuppers
Puppets and Blood by Moon Ecstasy
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing, I am a broke student, do not sue me, it would gain you nothing but my eternal hate.
Chapter Five: Puppets and Blood.

Jerking in sudden pain, Harry woke up; hands scrabbling at his scar. The pain faded and his hands searched for his glasses, jamming them onto his nose. He looked around, disoriented by the room.

For a second he had thought he was back in Hogwarts suffering from another one of his nightmares. But no, he was sharing an apartment with a boy he’d known for a week in a world that was not his own. Not even a guest, so much as under guard he thought with a twinge of bitterness when his eye caught his empty wand hostler.

Harry swung his feet out of the bed and moved to get up when he was hit by another wave of pain. So intense was the pain that he stumbled to his knees. He bit his lip trying to make no sound but a whimper escaped. This was really bad.

He gave up all effort to keep from waking Naruto when the blinding pain radiating from his scar tripled. His screams ripped from his throat abrasively and he doubled over fingers digging into the skin of his forehead.

Strange red eyes glaring at him.
Green twisting round black and red.
Deranged, high-pitched laughter.
A woman’s hand curling round a blackened piece of wood.
“You dare to defy ME?!” he screamed.
A green flash of light, screaming, and a deadly smile.


With a heaving gasp Harry came to, lying in a pool of his own vomit, limbs shaking uncontrollably. As he tried to push himself up his arms gave out and he nearly fell face first into the mess when hands steadied him.

“You okay?” It was Naruto who helped him stand, “Should we go to the hospital?”

“No,” his voice was raspy, “It happens sometimes, though that was a little more violent then usual.” He chuckled bitterly.

“Want to talk about it?” Naruto helped Harry into the bathroom, ignoring the other boys blush as he methodically stripped him of his clothes and started the shower.

“No, it’s okay.” was Harry’s reply. Naruto eyed him skeptically before asking if he’d be able to stand in the shower.

“Yeah, I’m steady now.” Harry replied as he got into the shower, the blonde gathered the dirty clothes and left him to his own devices. Under the heat of the water Harry sunk into thought. Apparently even being worlds away did not prevent Voldemort’s emotions to hit him at the worst moments.

And of course he didn’t want to tell Naruto about it. He really didn’t want his new acquaintances, people who might become friends, to know that he shared his psyche with a murderous, power-hungry, monster. They didn’t really trust him as it was.

As well some part of him, a part that he thrust deep down, was so desolate. Would he ever be able to really escape Voldemort?

Naruto frowned to himself as he watched the sun peak over the horizon from where he stood on the roof. He made a note to tell Tsunade-sama about the incident later.

OO

”Ginny’s breath came in short painful gasps as she stumbled over the sand dune, running full out. How had they been found? They had been two days away from their pursuers, when the masked men had come out of no where chasing them across the desert. There was no way to escape now.

And us without our wands! She swore mentally, having no extra breath to do so out loud. From the corner of her eye she saw Hermione stumble and fall and she tried to turn to fast, feet slipping in the sand as she too fell to the ground.

Silver glints of metal flew towards Hermione and Ginny watched in horror as her brother Ron jumped in front of Hermione arms spread wide to protect her as best as he could.

“RON!” Hermione screamed, when a wave of sand whirled up from ground, nimbly catching the metal blades in what looked like fists. Magic? Someone was doing magic! Neville? Luna? Or maybe Harry?

She looked around desperately only seeing to figures on top on the large sand dune behind her. They didn’t have wands though. An eep from Hermione brought her attention back to front and her eyes widened at the sight of the sand as it rose in waves attacking the masked men that had been chasing them. Most of them were instantly buried under several tons of sand. Three managed to dodge the sand and began to run full tilt towards them, two towards Hermione and Ron, one towards her.

Ginny caught her breath. How could they protect themselves. These were warriors trained to kill. Without their wands they were helpless. Much to her shame, Ginny found her mind had completely frozen. The man in front of her drew back a spiked fist aiming at her head. She stared and the metal that glinted in the sun as if hypnotized.

His fist descended and struck a wooden puppet.

Huh?

“Really now, you didn’t even try to dodge. Wake up Girl.” The voice directly behind her snapped Ginny out of the trance. The strange puppet hung between her and the now motionless masked man, without any strings.

Magic?

She spun around to see a strange man dressed all in black, towering over her. She had to crane her neck to see his face. He wore a cat-eared hat that hid all but his pale face, a face that looked more demonic then the masks worn by her pursuers. Reddish-purple tribal markings emphasized a scowling glare. His eyes held no emotion.

But he wasn’t carrying a wand. In fact his fingers were each bent at unnatural angles. When they twitched she heard a sound in front of her and she whirled around to see the puppet in front of her attacking the masked-man.

It wove in and around, knifes popping out from the joints, cutting the man whenever he failed to dodge. Over where Hermione and Ron were she noticed another puppet, this one much larger and lizard like, protecting them. Was this man controlling the puppets, she wondered as she glanced at his rapidly dancing fingers.

With a sudden jerking motion the man in front of her fell to his knees, covered with thousands of tiny cuts. He collapsed, the grinning red mask giving the motionless man a ghastly look.

Ginny ignored the thought in her head that the man was dead and focussed on her brother and Hermione. The masked man with long black hair, twisted in the air slipping past the lizard puppet. He tossed a ball at Hermione and Ron. Ginny watched the little snitch-like ball arch through the air before it exploded in front of them sending them flying backwards. They didn’t move.

“Ron! Hermione!” She moved to get up when her feet were swept out from under her. Spitting sand out of her mouth she grunted when a booted foot forced her to the ground.

“Don’t get in the way Girl.” growled the boy above her, while keeping her firmly pinned to the ground. “Gaara and I have got this covered.”

Gaara? And then she noticed the younger man with red hair so deep it put hers to shame. He held one hand out in front of him and sand was curling around the man that had thrown the bomb.

A scream forced her attention back to the third and last man. His mask had fallen off revealing an almost boy-like face distorted by surprise as he dodged an attack from the lizard puppet and fell into the open barrel chest of a third puppet. The chest slid shut trapping the man as he bashed his fists on the wood.

The sound of metal on wood drew her confused gaze to the puppet that had been defending her. It came apart at the joints, each limb becoming a blade. They hovered in the air for a split second before descending with a speed that sliced air, stabbing the barrel puppet from every angle.

Ginny’s vision greyed when she saw the blood oozing out of the cracks in the wood. Words, voices, something was happening but she couldn’t look away from the blood.

“Where is he? Where is your hideout?” a monotonous voice, a dead voice.

“Kill me, I will never tell.” a muffled voice.

Ginny slowly turned her head from the bloody puppets to see who the voices belonged to. The red haired man had been questioning the man trapped by sand. The man trapped by sand refused to answer.

“Then die.” was the soft reply as he flicked his wrist up and the sand-encased man rose several feet in the air. Sand covered his face. “Sabaku Kyuu!” the guttural voice ripped from the red haired man as he clenched his fist and the sand ball imploded, red mist spraying out in jets. Blood. Dead.

Someone was screaming. Ginny only realized it was her when she started to hurl what little food she had in her. Sure she had seen death before but this... this was...

Gloved hands roughly grabbed her wrists as she was flipped over, thankfully away from the bile, and pinned to the ground again. The boy dressed all in black knelt over her keeping her hands locked together with one hand. The other now held a glinting knife to her jugular.

“I am going to ask you some questions, and depending on how you answer them you and your friends may live.” The voice was cold and uncaring however the mention of her friends had calmed her down like nothing else could. These guys may have saved them, but they were killers.

“First off who are you three.” It wasn’t phrased as a question so much as an order one she wasn’t allowed to disobey. She took a deep breath and cleared her mind of panic.

“I am Ginny, that is my brother Ron and our friend Hermione.” The boy rolled the names over his lips as if tasting them. Ginny focussed on his mouth to keep from glancing in his savage eyes.

“Why was the Oni gang chasing you.”

“They had ambushed our camp three days ago, we managed to escape. We were trying to figure out a way to rescue our other friends when they caught up to us and gave chase.”

“So you now where their encampment is.”

“Yeah.” She tried to crane her neck and see if Hermione and Ron were alright but a sting on her neck made her revise that decision.

“Tell us where it is.” Suddenly Ginny felt another part of her take control. This was the part that she kept hidden normally, the part she had developed after Tom Riddle’s diary. It was her cunning, demanding side. A very Slytherin side to her personality.

“I will not tell you.” She ignored the pressure of the knife. “I will take you there however and in return you will do something for me.”

He lifted an eyebrow and grinned wickedly at her before leaning over, “And what is that, Little Girl?” He breathed next t her ear, sending a chill down her spine.

“You will help us save our other friends.”

He suddenly got up taking his hands and pulling her up, “Deal.” he said as he handed her a handkerchief. She began to wipe away the left over vomit off her face.

“Out of curiosity,” he remarked as she finished, “was that the first death you’ve seen?"

OoO

Ginny was flying. The branches were whipping past her face at a speed that made them little else but blurs.

After the deal had been made the puppet master had introduced himself as Kankuro and his brother as Gaara. Ginny nearly had a heart attack when Gaara’s sand had started to cover Hermione and Ron but instead of burying them it formed a solid dome. Gaara had assured her that yes they were okay, yes they’d be able to breath, but no they would not be able to get out until he got back.

Kankuro had then crouched down in front of her and told her to climb on. She had blushed, telling him she could very well run on her own two feet. He had snorted and replied simply with, “Not at the speed we run.” Which had only made her blush more. Gaara had formed some sort of sand birds that flew off in several directions and they took off.

And that was how Ginny had found herself flying through the forest at a breakneck speed. I am going to die. Was her thought as she ducked her head lower to keep it from being taken off. Of course this only brought her into closer contact with Kankuro, her face pressed right into the curve between his neck and shoulder. He smelled of wood shavings and spices and...

Ginny Molly Weasley you stop that right now! It had to be the sleep depravation, as well as the lingering affects of shock.

After travelling for an hour or so (what had been a day for them on foot) she saw what she needed to see, “There.” She said, trying not to shout in Kankuro’s ear. “That white tree over there, the dead one. The camp is about a day’s walk from there.”

With a twisting leap Kankuro landed next to the white tree. He put her down as Gaara landed beside them. Gaara immediately began forming more sand birds that flew off in separate directions.

“Tell us what your friends look like and we’ll make sure they’re okay.” Kankuro said, turning to face her.

Goddamn men and their bloody god forsaken machoism! Harry did the same thing! “You mean you want me to wait here, like a good little girl. Unaware of what is going on. Unaware if everyone is okay... much less alive. Unaware of how long you will even take?

“You will only be in the way...”

“Bugger you!” He looked surprised by her venom, though he didn’t seem to understand the curse. “I will go to help my friends and I’ll stay out of your way. I am not some helpless little flower!” At least not with my wand and that reminds me... “And besides, there is something else I need to take back from those scum.” His eyes narrowed but he allowed her to get back on his back.

After barely fifteen minutes they stopped again.

“The clearing is over there. Be silent, don’t get noticed, and don’t do anything until the fight starts. We will not worry about saving you if you get caught, not until our objective has been met.”

“Fine,” and with that they were gone. They simply vanished. Ginny breathed in deeply then began to weave her way through the trees, getting closer to the clearing. She came up behind a tent and silently inched her way around it. Years of sneaking around her own home and Hogwarts had come in handy.

When she peered around the tent though she had to bite her lip hard to hold back a scream. Her hand flew to her mouth as blood began to well up around her teeth. Tears leaked out.

In the center of the clearing surrounded by tents was a table set up almost like an alter. Five wands lay evenly spaced on top, three brooms and a sword were propped up against the table and a large back pack was sitting in front of it. A very evident trap.

It wasn’t this that had made her nearly scream though. It was Neville and Luna strapped up on wooden poles, beaten unconscious.

O_O
End Notes:
Haha, I love cliff hangers. Love reading them and writing them. You guys are lucky that I'm posting all six chapters at once.
Suspicious Suprises and Startling Snakes by Moon Ecstasy
Author's Notes:
yeah:
Disclaimer: I own nothing, I am a broke student, do not sue me, it would gain you nothing but my eternal hate.
Chapter Six: Suspicious Surprises and Startling Snakes

Ginny winced as blood trickled down her lip, dripping off her chin. She had a feeling she might have almost bit right through her tongue. The pain however, helped her clear her mind. She had no doubt that the tents in the clearing were filled with Oni gang members. It was further confirmed by the murmurs she had heard from the tent she currently hid behind.

So how was she going to get over to Luna and Neville before they attacked her. She sighed mentally, it appeared she’d have to wait for whatever Kankuro and his brother were up to, to distract the men before she could get to her friends.

Only nothing was happening.

She was watching the sun creep up, filtering between the trees when it happened. Two figures appeared near the center of the clearing with small puffs of smoke. It wasn’t Gaara of Kankuro though.

One was a man in mostly black and a green vest. He had his black hair pulled back in a sharp, spiky ponytail that looked so tight that it must have hurt. A metal band, much like Kankuro’s was strapped to his arm with some sort of spiral design. Though she couldn't really tell from this distance.

The girl was in a long black dress that had slits up the sides with a red sash. She held onto a black lacquered board and wore her blonde hair pulled up into four spiky ponytails. Her headband had the same symbol as Kankuro’s. Were these allies? They had too be, but did they know who she was, or would they hurt her thinking she was part of the Oni-gang.

The man yawned, “Temari, why do you always bring me into these troublesome situations?”

She looked down at her crouching companion, “We need your particular talents to catch this guy alive.”

“Hnn, seems to me I was just there and available.”

“Well there’s that too.”

“So it’s the guy with the white hair right?” He said it and Ginny remembered the masked man with long, shaggy white hair that had run a finger down her cheek, promising pain and something she didn't want to think about.

“Yeah, capture him, we need him alive.” She sighed, looking around the clearing and noticing the captives behind them. “Hmm, wonder what happened to those guys?”

“Got on the wrong side of the rebels I suppose.” He sighed, not looking too terribly worked up about them, which made Ginny bristle silently. Were these people all apathetic killers?! “What do you think the bandits are waiting for anyway?”

“Yeah, didn’t we purposely appear here? Where are the little bugs, I wanna get started... Maybe they’re all cowards.” She yelled the last part and it was as though she had said magic words. The masked men burst from the tents surrounding them running full-tilt and screaming in wordless rage. There were hundreds of them.

They’re gonna get bloody well killed! Was Ginny’s thought, until the madly grinning Temari started cackling wildly. She picked up her lacquered board, unfurling it to reveal a massive white fan with three purple circles.

Kamaitachi no Jutsu!” She shouted as she brought her fan slashing downward. Over a dozen men were sent flying backwards by a massive gust of wind that also took out a few tents. Ginny’s eyes widened.

The man in the green vest had straightened when the men charged while reaching into his pockets. He was throwing sharp blades that multiplied in the air, striking men in any exposed and vital area. Slews of men were falling and more just kept appearing. It was like watching a car crash, she couldn't look away.

Suddenly, Ginny found herself being grabbed in a vice-like grip from behind. “What have we here? Another...” The man wasn’t given a chance to finish. In a brutal move that her older brothers had taught her (which worked well because she had a very hard head as she had been told) She brought the back of her head crashing up under the man’s jaw. She felt the edge of the mask bite into her scalp but ignored the pain as the man dropped her, startled.

She spun around and kicked him hard in the groin. Then grabbing his fallen mask she ducked low and ran, giving the clearing and its battle a wide berth. She dodged through the trees at the edge of the clearing then, slipping on the mask, she dashed into the melee from the other side. No one seemed to notice the masked figure that was shorter then the rest and thankfully the two that were killing all masked men without any qualms were far enough away from her.

Hitting the center of the clearing she breathed with a sigh of relief to see the table still standing with the wands still there, albeit scattered a bit. The brooms had only fallen to the ground, however, someone seemed to have grabbed the sword to use in the battle. No matter, thought Ginny, they’d get it later with either acio or a tracking spell. Ginny dived under the table pausing briefly to grab the wands. Selecting hers from the bunch she felt instantly better, though not entirely safer.

She summoned the brooms that had been scattered and then cast sticking charms on them attaching them to Hermione’s bag. She dragged the bag under the table then crept out from under it. Everyone seemed focussed on the battle and she noticed blood soaked puppets had now joined the melee. Kankuro was around somewhere.

She went to get Neville down first. Casting a feather-light charm on him, she wrapped an arm around his waist and proceeded to cast a loosening charm on the ropes around his wrists. She was not going to risk a cutting spell so close to a major artery. Carefully she lowered him to the ground, canceling the feather-light and cast ennervate.

“Ughh... what... who?" Ginny lifted the mask briefly to eliminate his fears, "Ginny?” He winced in pain as he tried to sit up.

“Neville thank god your alive.”

“Why are you wearing that mask?” he asked as she handed him his wand.

“Trying not to get killed. Neville, listen, we’re in the middle of a battle, I’m going to get Luna down then we have to get out of this clearing. We can’t fight against these people, they’re much too strong and unlike us, completely willing to kill.”

Neville nodded, though he looked like he was in immense pain. Ginny repeated the process with Luna and gave her, her wand. Then casting a feather-light charm on the bag they dashed out of the clearing. Half way to the edge of the forest a puppet jumped in her way and without pause she whipped off the mask. Though she couldn’t see Kankuro anywhere the puppet immediately backed off and attacked the masked men beside her. They made it out of the clearing but Luna tripped over a root, breathing heavily as she tried to get back up.

“We’ll wait here.” Ginny whispered.

“Wait for what? Ginny, where’re Hermione and Ron? What’s going on?”

“Long story Neville, but we have to wait for the battle to end and hope our temporary allies,” she winced slightly at the word, “are the ones that win.”

“T-temporary... allies?”

Ginny looked at Neville, letting him know just how serious she was, “They may have saved us, but they’d kill us without any hesitation.” Neville gulped and gripped his wand tightly watching the battle.

“They have been trained to kill since they knew how to walk, their magic is tainted by blood but not influenced by it.” Luna had her trademark faraway look on. “They kill to protect what is precious to them, the path of the ninja is a blood-soaked one.”

Neville and Ginny stared at Luna for a moment. Then Ginny reached over ans snapped her fingers in front of Luna’s nose. The girl came back to herself and gave Ginny a look that on anyone else would seem bland. Ginny, however, recognized it as the closest thing Luna ever gave to a glare. All three gripped their wands and watched the raging battle.

And it was bloody. More of the masked Oni gang swarmed the area. There were hundreds of them and she didn’t know where they were all coming from. Sand undulated and took out handfuls of men in sweeps. Gaara stood not to war away from his area of carnage, completely untouched.

Kankuro dogged attacks on his person attacking with more puppets then Ginny could count. He was grinning wildly, splashed head to foot in blood and gore. The blonde haired girl, Temari?, stood on a tree a good way back slashing her fan back and forth, wind unfurled from it slicing up anything in its path, from tents to trees to bodies.

For awhile she couldn’t see the green vested man, however she did notice the man with white hair. The same man that had ambushed their camp and threatened them. He was standing across the clearing grinning at the carnage, not seeming to care that it was his own men dying.

A small pop of smoke beside her made Ginny jump and aim her wand at the disturbance, Luna and Neville following suit. The man green vested man simply raised an eyebrow, not seeming to understand the threat of three wands trained on him. He shrugged and said conversationally, “You must be the one Gaara warned us about. I won’t hurt you, don’t interrupt me.” And he turned back to the battle.

They watched in confusion as he made several hand signs. Ginny was trying not to gag on the stench of blood coming from him. “Kagemane no Jutsu” he mumbled and to their amazement his own shadow started to stretch.

They can control sand, puppets, and wind without wands, why not shadows?! But this was magic used on a scale Ginny hadn’t seen used before.

They watched silently as the man’s shadow began creeping around the battlefield, carefully avoiding the shadows of any people but running through shadows of trees and tents. His eyes were narrowed in concentration as the shadow edged closer to the man watching the battle with aloof cruelty. What is it with guys that have white-blonde hair... are they all assholes? The Malfoy’s certainly had been.

The tip of the shadow was just about to merge with the leaders shadow when the man dodged to the left in a flicker of motion.

“Shit.” Green Vest muttered. The shadow began branching out attempting to catch the dodging leader. He suddenly put on a burst of speed running full out around the battle, grinning madly. He dodged all the little branches of the shadow trying to touch his own. Ginny’s heart leaped to her throat as she realized that he was headed right for them. He pulled two short swords from their sheaths and while he was dodging Green Vests shadow his gaze was locked on Ginny’s eyes.

He’s going to kill us! Her mind was screaming but with her wand in her hand she did not fall into the blind panic she had been in before. She aimed her wand at the figure swiftly coming closer. Not one step closer!!

STUPIFY!!” The spell shot from her wand hitting the man square on the chest. He was lifted off the ground with the force of it and flung backwards ripping through several smaller branches before slamming with a sickening crunch into a tree trunk. He crumpled to the ground.

Silence rippled out in waves as masked men realized their leader had fallen. And suddenly they were all running, in every direction. When the clearing was empty except for the dead and the silent ‘allies’ Ginny finally lowered her wand.

No one spoke for several moments before Neville struggled to his feet, looking around for a moment confused. His eyes were feverish and bleary, and he didn't look like he knew where he was anymore. He then raised his wand and murmured, “Accio Sword of Gryffindor.”

Luna laughed eerily from beside Ginny. Her eyes too, looked glassy with fever, “Magic meets chakra, cultures clash, and the boy-who-lived will now learn the power the Dark Lord can never have. Neville duck.”

“Huh?” Neville looked down to where Luna sat by his feet. “What do you mean duc...” Luna knocked his feet out from under him and he fell into a heap just as the Gryffindor’s sword sliced through the air where his head had been, burying itself in a tree. “Oh...” was Neville’s response.

“People who summon sharp objects tend to become pin-cushions.” she said to no one in particular.

“Didn’t think of that.” was Neville grumbled reply as he struggled to his feet. Several of his wounds had reopened (not they had been healed, rather the blood had clotted). He winced as one particularly nasty gash started bleeding sluggishly.

That, as well as movement from the rest of the living in the clearing, reminded Ginny of their still potentially dangerous situation. She looked up to see a very surprised looking Kankuro check the pulse of the white haired man and suddenly Ginny was gripped with fear. She had never killed someone before, what if she... but the force of that blast... and...

“He’s alive,” muttered Kankuro before pulling out some ropes and tying the man up. Ginny let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding.

Green Vest sighed from beside her, nearly scaring her out of her skin, and stood up wiping blood off his face with a cloth he had pulled from one of his pouches. “Looks like I really wasn’t needed in the end... at all.” He gave her a strange look as he continued to wipe blood from his face and neck. None of it his own. Ginny gagged.

“At least we had your pretty face here, eh Shikamaru?” So that was his name. Shikamaru shrugged and sent a very bored look at Temari who grinned back.

Kankuro stood up from the bound man and looked over at Ginny, Neville, and Luna. His lip seemed to twitch as he watched Neville’s clumsy attempts at pulling out the sword from the tree. Finally huffing in frustration Neville pointed his wand and muttered “labefacio” The sword began shaking back and forth loosening itself and with one final tug Neville freed the sword. Gripping it in his right hand he held his wand in his left, still not looking like he knew where he was or what was going on. Rather he looked as though he might pass out.

“So how the hell did you do that?” Kankuro turned to her and narrowed his eyes, “No hand seals, no jitsu, just a word and he goes flying, another word and a sword comes flying out of nowhere, a third word and it starts wiggling in a tree loosening itself.”

“Uh, well, it’s normally not that strong.” Ginny muttered under her breath, thinking more about her stupify. This was just great, they hadn’t seen her as a threat before, but now they were suspicious. Didn’t they recognize wands and magic? Didn’t they have any bloody wizards in this world?!

“I think,” came the cold, monotone voice of Gaara, sending chills down her spine, “that it is time you tell us who exactly you are.”

OoOoO

Harry watched in amazement as Naruto dodged his silver haired teacher, Kakashi’s, fist and kicked out with enough force to break bones. The man wasn’t there to meet his foot however, disappearing in a puff of smoke. The two had been dueling... sorry... sparring since early that morning and now the sun was nearing its zenith.

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!” And suddenly there were five Naruto’s attacking Kakashi-san. Hermione wouldn’t believe this... hell I’m seeing it and I find it hard to believe. Each clone vanished in a puff of smoke when it was hit with any kind of force. And with a speed that made Harry completely miss the move, Naruto was sent sprawling backwards landing hard on the ground.

Before he could move his teacher was there, blade resting on Naruto’s throat.

“Why can’t I ever beat you?” muttered Naruto as Kakashi-san helped him up

“Naruto I have been training with you for eight years, most of what you know I taught you, except what you learned from Jiraiya-sama.” He ruffled the blonde’s hair and started to walk off, “Oh yeah, Rock Lee and Gai-sensei want you to work with them tomorrow.” He called over his shoulder.

Naruto shuddered in mock horror and turned to Harry grinning. “What’cha think?”

“I’ve never seen anything like it.” said Harry honestly and with a grin. “I see what you mean about me being helpless compared to people here my age.” Harry smirked again, “Though if I must say, with my wand I’m pretty formidable.” Then he sighed, he felt way too vulnerable without his wand.

As if reading his thoughts Naruto smiled comfortingly, “Don’t worry, Tsunade Baa-chan is finalizing some plans. Once they’re done we’ll be able to give you your wand back.” The blonde suddenly hopped up and stretched. “Come on! Let’s get some ramen, my treat, and then we’ll go get you some supplies.” Harry grinned again and followed his new hyper-active friend.

You think he’d be tired after a workout like that, but it’s like he barely did anything...

Harry was jolted out of his thoughts when Naruto jumped back with a yell. A snake was slithering across the ground, making its way to a near by bush. Naruto reached into his pouch as if to go for a throwing knife when Harry stayed his hand. “What’s the problem?”

“I hate snakes.” was Naruto’s very bitter and vicious reply. Harry sighed, it seemed no matter which world it was, snakes were reviled as the source of evil.

He crouched down ignoring Naruto’s widening eyes, reached inside himself and spoke.

“What are you doing so far from shelter serpent brother? People like this one fear you and would kill you given the chance. There is no hiding out in the open.”

The snake froze and looked him full on. Naruto froze as well but Harry couldn’t see his expression. When the snake answered it ignored Harry’s question.

“Though it is true the more powerful of us can speak human tongue,”Harry nearly had to choke back a laugh at the idea of a snake speaking human language, “the collective memory of my ancestors has never some across those who can speak our native tongue.”

“It is one of my skills.”

“Yes we know, it is called Parslemouth right. The other serpent speaker has told us about it, he is very powerful, do you know him?”

Harry’s sharp intake of breath made Naruto behind him worry, especially when the boy fell back, unable to support himself. He looked horrified.

“I know him, he is evil... he... he would not care if he destroyed you in the process of getting what he wants. You should not trust him.”

The snake looked affronted, “We snakes are proud creatures, we serve those with enough power to suit our needs, but if they become a threat to us we will not answer their call. It is our choice, he is powerful and he has not shown himself to be treacherous yet.”

Harry hung his head, hands trembling in rage and fear. The snake continued more gently, “We can see that you fear him greatly, we will not tell him of you. But he may find you anyway. Be warned young human brother.” With that the serpent started away.

“Wait!” Harry called after her, “Thank you, what is your name?”

The snake cocked it’s head as if surprised, “My name is Azelz though it matters not, I am not one of the ones that get called.”

“It matters to me, I am Harry.” If snakes could smile Harry swore that Azlez would be grinning.

“It is pleasant to meet you Harry, may the mother snake guide your path. Maybe we shall see each other again.”

Harry ignored Naruto’s attempts to find out what had happened. He buried his face in his hands content to let himself rage against his fate, even if only for a bit. It seemed he would never escape his destiny.

Voldemort was here.

O-O
End Notes:
So yeah, there is all six chapters that were posted on fanfiction.net. Now you have to wait like everyone else for the next chapter, which I hope to have up soon.
Review!
Time for Explanations by Moon Ecstasy
Author's Notes:
Wow, so, sorry this took so long to update. I'm so glad you guys are sticking with me. I did receive a comment that said my character growth wasn't there and I have to disagree. Harry's only been there about two weeks, there hasn't been time for character growth yet. Give it time people, but also thanks to that comment I know what I need to be looking out for so don't think it was an unwelcome comment. All comments but nasty, pointless ones are welcome.

Also I'm sorry about the Konohana/Konoha thing I've got some people telling me one way others telling me the other way, I thought I changed that already but I guess I have to look through it again. I know it's Konoha.

Anyway, enough of me babling. On with the story!
Chapter 7: Time for Explanations

When Hermione woke it was with such force that her entire body twitched violently. She sat up, breathing hard, eyes wide and saw nothing. The dark was so black it felt solid, as though it was pressing against her eyeballs.

“Oh God. I hope I have not gone blind.” she whispered, heart still in her throat as she ran her fingers over her eyes, careful not no accidentally jab herself. She was confused. The last thing she remembered was a flash of light and a painful burning sensation as she and Ron had been thrown back. Where am I? For that matter where is Ron?

Taking deep calming breaths as she leaned forward, she stretched her hands out to judge the space around her. Almost immediately her hand bumped into a sandy wall. Running her hand up the wall she noted the way it curved inward and over her head. “I see.” she muttered, she was in an incredibly small, dome-shaped room. Which hopefully meant she was in the dark and not... blind.

A moan from beside her caused her to freeze, hand flying to her side, where her wand normally was. Wandless and sightless, she had no idea what to do.

“...mione...” Ron’s voice floated through the black and the muscles in her shoulders and back relaxed. Using her hands she felt around the dark sandy floor till she hit cloth. Ron was still obviously asleep and having a bad dream, but he calmed under her touch. His magic most likely recognizing hers.

Sighing she tried to figure out how they had gotten there and how in the bloody hell they were going to get out. “Thinking, after all,” she muttered with a touch of bitterness, “is something you’re supposed to be good at.”

OO

It had been after Harry and Ron had destroyed the stupid, cursed locket that had been one of Voldemort’s Horocruxes. She had been so relieved to see Ron again, alive and relatively unharmed. But she had been furious as well. Did he not have any clue at all how worried she had been? Her and Harry that is. She had felt like Ron had slapped her when he had left, so when he came back she might have overreacted a bit.

Okay she had definitely overreacted. But then the Death Eaters had come and all her anger seemed so trivial.

Apparently the Dark Lord’s name had been Tabooed. Anytime someone said it, the Death Eaters would be alerted to that persons location. The Death Eaters that had come already had several prisoners locked in a magical cage.

Neville had been sitting behind several confused looking goblins, wide eyed, tied up, but still clutching onto a useless broom. Useless because he was locked in a magical cage and he was not a good flyer in the first place.

Ginny had been bound and gagged and was still spitting foul-mouthed curses around the cloth stuffed into her mouth. She had paled a bit and gone still when she saw Harry.

Luna was not tied up and was staring off into space as if not realizing the danger she was in. Luna, in Hermione’s opinion, was becoming more and more odd as time went by.

Ron’s eyes had widened when the Death Eaters had surrounded them and began firing curses and hexes. Then he had done something that had made everyone’s jaw drop and Hermione’s heart swell with pride.

He tightened his grip on the sword of Gryffindor and ran forward. He shot a quick tripping spell at a Death Eater that had charged him and using the falling Death Eater as leverage and a stepping-stool he leapt over the other Death Eaters, while bringing the sword crashing down in an arc that shattered the cage to pieces. He then tumbled into a graceless heap that was all limbs, but it had still been amazing.

The goblins had of course run. Goblins were very much builders and creators and well, bankers. They did not involve themselves with wizards except to bank for them. Very much neutral creatures. They did however untie Ginny and Neville before leaving.

Luna had used the distraction to grab their wands and broomsticks from the Death Eater holding onto them and was lazily shielding herself and casting hexes. Ginny, after getting her own wand, furiously left no quarter. She shot Harry a nasty look after shielding his back from a stunner. Hermione had seen that coming a mile away but apparently Harry hadn’t, judging by his startled look. Really what had he been expecting? He had treated her like a child and not an equal this past year. Someone to be protected.

Ginny did not like being treated like that.

After breaking the cage Ron had begun to swing wildly, attempting to catch however many Death Eaters he could on the sharp blade. His lack of finesse and use of brute force felled at least two before a stunner was sent on him. He barely dodged it when the sword was knocked flying out of his hands, nearly skewering Neville on the downfall.

Neville grabbed it and with considerably more skill, to everyone’s surprise, began fighting a wildly laughing masked woman, who had conjured a sword of her own.

It must have been Bellatrix because Neville’s face was no longer unsure. Rather it had a hard set and his eyes blazed with hatred.

Hermione had her own hands full with two Death Eaters that were keeping her well occupied when she saw the woman. Ethereal, somewhat translucent, and glowing softly the woman could have been a ghost, especially since she was floating above the battle. Except ghosts were colourless. This woman had long ankle length red hair that wafted around her as though she was suspended in liquid. In her hands she held a clear turquoise ball.

She was watching the battle with something akin to a smirk on her face, as though she had seen better, but was impressed none-the-less. And as Hermione dodged another spell the woman had tossed the ball.

It arched over the battle and exploded into a billion glittering fragments. The world went blue and exploded in pain.

;P

“When I awoke I was alone.” Ginny said, rubbing her wand subconsciously. She tried not to meet the unbelieving stares she was receiving from the shinobi warriors. “It took me awhile to find the others.”

Indeed it had. Neville and the Death Eater, who had ended up being Bella, had landed not too far from her but due to the dense foliage it had taken her two days till she literally ran into him. Bellatrix had apparently gripped her arm in immense pain before apparating away and when they finally found Hermione and Luna they found that the same thing had happened to the Death Eaters that had landed with them.

Hermione had been going crazy with worry over the still missing Harry and Ron. She calmed down a bit when they found Ron, immediately running over to him and kissing him soundly. Ron had looked like he’d been hit with a bowtruckle and Ginny had burst out laughing at him. It surprised her that it took them so long to get around to this point. Harry would have been relieved. Which was the only problem. They had yet to run into Harry, they couldn’t find him. Even Hermione’s tracking spells had been going haywire and leading nowhere.

When they found Ron had also been when they ran into the Oni Gang and for two days they had been held captive while Hermione speculated on their location. That the men had not removed their wands led Hermione to believe that they were muggles. But it didn’t explain how they had moved with such speed and captured them with such ease in Ginny’s opinion.

So they had been underestimated when they had been locked up and had easily escaped at an opportune moment. Hermione had then showed them the translation spell quickly and they used it on the man that had been guarding them.

They should have just run.

Being overconfident that they were facing muggles, albeit fast ones, they had missed the chance to run and had they taken it they would have gotten away with ease. As it was Luna and Neville had been recaptured and their things, as well as their wands, had been taken.

“We ran then, Hermione, Ron, and I, we thought if we got away we could sneak back and rescue Luna and Neville. But we could never shake them for any long periods of time. And that’s where we met you.” Finished Ginny, looking exhausted. She had not told them everything. Such as the fact that they had not found Harry and that Hermione thought that they had somehow been transported back in time... or to another world.

Kankuro crouched down beside her and picked her wand out from where she was rolling it between her fingers. She looked at him strangely. “How does it work?” he asked.

“Well,” Ginny hesitated on telling him, but figured more harm would come from not being forthcoming with information to these people, “the wand chooses it’s user so this one might not work smoothly for you, but basically you just channel your magic into it, move it in the proper way, and say the incantation.”

He raised an eyebrow. “My magic?”

“Yeah, what you use to do all that stuff you were doing before.” she said, these people must be powerful to use magic with such ease and without wands. “Here, flick your wrist like this and say reducto. Aim for the tree.”

"Chakra," he said before he did as she instructed and the tree in question was left with a splintered hole in the trunk. The tree groaned and tipped to the side but didn’t fall. “I get the feeling it doesn’t like me.” murmured Kankuro to himself as he stared oddly at the wooden stick in his hand.

“Yeah, like I said, it’s my wand, it choose me, it synchronizes with my wand.” She took it back from him, half afraid that he would keep it. “I’d say you’d need to get your own but judging by the way you use magi... chakra, you don’t need it.” She paused, “Only really powerful wizards and witches can use wandless magic with intent.”

Gaara looked over at Temari who shrugged, “Unless she’s extraordinarily good at lying,” she said, answering the unasked question, “she’s been telling the truth.” Ginny was surprised to find that Temari could tell if someone was being truthful without vertasium. Then she berated herself for constantly being surprised by these people. It was obvious they could do things that wizards couldn’t.

“We need to get going.” Said Gaara looking pointedly at his allies, ‘I cannot be away from the village much longer.” He turned to Ginny and Neville, Luna ignored him as she continued to work on fixing her wounds. “You will come with us for now.”

“Ginny suppressed the urge to role her eyes, not sure how he’d react to that. It had been obvious that they would go with them. How else would they get Hermione and Ron?

;P

Harry Potter was once more sitting in front of the very intimidating Hokage, who was once more, looking rather brassed off.

“Naruto tells me you woke up screaming in pain this morning and threw up. And that later you had a little chat with a snake... in the snakes own language.”

Harry nodded slowly.

“Mind elaborating?”

Naturally Harry hesitated. Between adults that hated him, adults that tried to kill him, adults that manipulated him, adults that made themselves unapproachable, and adults that tended to act more his age and more like friends he was naturally wary about talking to adults about his problems.

Especially since Dumbledore had been killed by the man that he had sworn to everyone was on their side.

The Hokage sighed when Harry remained silent for too long, “Let me tell you a story kid.” She said when Harry met her eyes, “These are the details that all the villagers know so listen up. Years ago there was a man in our village with an affinity for snakes. He was a bastard, obsessed with discovering the secrets to immortality.” She noted the way his eyes widened exponentially, “He did a lot of horrible shit and he was really powerful, scarily so.” She tossed back a glass of sake, eyes no longer entirely focussed on Harry. Pouring herself another glass she continued, “But even with all his powers and snake related tricks, he couldn’t actually speak snake. Snakes of a certain caliber can speak human languages, but no human before you has ever been able to speak the snakes language.”

She couldn’t figure out the look on his face and Tsunade prided herself on her ability to read people. The last one to stump her so thoroughly was Naruto.

“So you’ll understand when I say don’t let people catch you talking to snakes here. That coupled with the fact that you’ll always be with Naruto will bring suspicion down on you.” Harry narrowed his eyes at that, wondering what Naruto had to do with it, “You’ll also understand why I’m demanding you lay my fears to rest and tell me what you and snakey were talking about and what this morning’s shit was about.”

Harry almost snorted at her mention of allaying her fears, since she didn’t look much fearful. Then sighing he met her eyes and said, “The two things are related and they have to do with something I left out in my story.”

Her eyes narrowed and she growled dangerously causing Harry to raise his hands in a placating gesture, “I’m sorry but I didn’t think any of this followed me here. I didn’t know he was also in this world.”

“Who?” she demanded, then, “wait, start at the beginning.”

And he did. He didn’t share everything, just the major details of why Voldemort was after him, how he had come back, and that he was connected to the man through his scar.

“Shit,” she muttered, “what the hell are your elders thinking sending you out to battle a demon without training you? What the hell do you learn at that school of yours? Come to think of it,” she demanded, really getting into her rant, “what the hell’s with waiting till you’re eleven? Best learning years are ages four and up.”

Harry could only stare at her. Age four? Have these shinobi been training since they turned four? No wonder most of them were lethal.

Now that he thought of it, wasn’t the reason Harry was so fast due to the fact that he’d been running from Dudley and his gang since he’d been able to walk? It got him thinking. If they had been training him since he was a kid, wouldn’t he be more prepared to face Voldemort? And surely a life of training to be a weapon would have been better then living with the Dursleys.

Harry snorted in derision.

Tsunade watched the boy struggle internally for sometime. Emotions flickered across his face from confusion, to something akin to outrage before he finally snorted and flopped back into his chair. She raised an eyebrow but decided to leave his thoughts to him.

“I have one more issue I need to discuss with you before I let you go.” Harry looked up, questioningly, “I assume you want your wand back, right?”

His eyes went wide again, “Yeah.”

“Okay, while you may be more like a civilian than anything else, with that wand you can obviously hold your own with just magic right?”

Harry paused, then nodded slowly.

“I thought so. Good to see you being truthful gaki. Since you could be a potential danger to us we can’t just let you stay here no strings attached. Therefore the council has asked, and I agree, that we would like you to blood-bind yourself to Konoha...”

Harry’s eyes widened and his skin paled drastically as the blood drained from his face, “NO!”

Tsunade was startled by the venom in his answer and the way the boy jumped from his seat, “And why, may I ask, do you say no?” She leaned forward menacingly.

“No one will ever use my blood again for anything, except me to live.” He bit out, looking really angry about something and was rubbing his right arm where Tsunade knew, from Sakura’s reports, that a long scar ran from inner elbow to wrist.

“Oh don’t be a baby,” Tsunade retorted getting angry herself as she realized there was more important stuff that the boy was hiding from her. “It’s just a few drops of blood. It binds you to the village ensuring your loyalty and giving you our protection.”

“But I can still betray you right?” he demanded with a feverous look in his eye, “And you can still betray me right?”

Tsunade looked surprised, “Well yes. But if you betrayed us you’d loose our protection and we wouldn’t betray those under our protection.”

“But you could.”

“We wouldn’t,” she said slamming his fist on the table causing the entire solid wooden table to shudder violently.

“Whatever,”Harry snorted, “what if I told you that by blood binding me you’d be blood binding Voldemort?”

“What?” Tsunade’s voice was lowering dangerously.

“The last person to use my blood was Voldemort. It’s how he created himself a new body, ‘Bone of the father, flesh of the servant, blood of the enemy.’ He is tied to me by blood, mine runs through the veins of his new body.”

“Then what do you suggest,” growled Tsunade, “how about we just kill you or kick you out?”

“Well, you could do that, although I’m not entirely sure it’s possible for anyone but Voldemort to kill me yet, or we could make a Wizard’s Oath.”

“Explain.”

“A Wizard’s Oath, is a magical pact that binds those who make it to the words of the oath. If the oath is broken the one who broke it dies an excruciatingly painful death when the magic causes their blood to boil and stream out of every pore and opening in the body.”

Tsunade was the one to widen her eyes this time.

“That is why you have to be extraordinarily careful with the wording of the oath, so accidents don’t happen. And before you ask, your chakra seems really close to being like my magic so I think it’ll still work. I’d just have to explain it to you more thoroughly.”

Tsunade leaned back into her chair and steepled her fingers. “I’d have to discuss it with the council and the elders, but tell me, how would you word this oath?”

./

It had taken the elders some persuasion, including a demonstration with a prisoner that was to be executed.

Harry felt more then a little nauseated after that display.

Then he made the oath that he would never intentionally harm Konoha, it’s residents, and it’s allies without express permission or unless they attacked first with the intent of killing him or if (for whatever reason) it was absolutely unavoidable and would save the lives of others. In return they would lend him their protection so long as he stayed in that world. The oath would become void if he left that world.

Harry felt much better with his wand once more in it’s hostler but the whole experience had made him overtly aware of the fact that without that eleven inch piece of holly he was almost helpless.

So he accepted Naruto’s invitation to join him in training.
End Notes:
REVIEW
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=8041