Undying Love by Smurd
Summary: A devstating blow had hit Naruto, without his best friend, he keeps having dreams. But will finally saying good bye forever stop these plagueing visions?

A sequel to "For the Love of a friend"
Categories: Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance Characters: Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki
Genres: Angst, Horror, Romance, Supernatural, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark, Death, Yaoi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 6303 Read: 15930 Published: 22/07/07 Updated: 23/08/07

1. A Dicovery in the Woods. by Smurd

2. Back in Konoha. by Smurd

3. Naruto's Nightmare by Smurd

4. Surviving the Night by Smurd

5. Preperations for the Service by Smurd

6. Saying Good-bye by Smurd

7. Burying the Past by Smurd

8. Damn These Dreams by Smurd

9. Please Reconsider by Smurd

10. Get a grip, Naruto by Smurd

11. Why did you stop Me? by Smurd

12. Neji's Care by Smurd

13. The Note by Smurd

14. To stop the Pain by Smurd

A Dicovery in the Woods. by Smurd
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, Sasuke, the village of Konoha, or any thing, person, or place in the following work of fiction. Every person, place or thing in this story is property of Masashi Kishimoto, and not of me.
Naruto just sat there, holding Sasuke's limp body in his arms. he didn't care that Sasuke's blood was everywhere by now, all over Naruto's pants, arms, hands, all over the ground, and Sasuke himself.

"What have I DONE," Naruto thought to himself, "I just killed my best friend, no one will ever love me the way he did, and I killed him!"

Naruto bent down and kissed Sasuke one last time, before standing up and lifting Sasuke onto his back. Naruto felt something hard and rectangular in Sasuke's pocket, so he sat Sasuke back down to fish it out.

He pulled the object out of Sasuke's pocket and burst into tears again.
"That's what he wanted to tell me," Naruto said, holding a shiny Konoha fore-head protector in his hand, "he was coming home, but I didn't listen! DAMN IT!"

He slid the head band back into his pocket before picking Sasuke's body back up and jumping into the trees and back towards home, leaving a river of tears behind him with every leap.
Back in Konoha. by Smurd
Author's Notes:
This chapter gets pretty intense. Review/comment if you would be so kind.
He bound through the gates around midnight and knew that "they" would still be up, waiting for his return. He waslked through the rubble of what used to be the Hokage's office lobby door, before he smashed it earlier. Naruto carried Sasuke's body up the spiraling staircase to Tsunade's office. Kakashi heard him coming and opened the door for him to bring the rogue ninja's corpse in.

Iruka gasped at the sight of Naruto, covered in blood, Sasuke's blood. Kakashi sobbed at the sight of his two former students as well. Even Tsunade, who ordered Naruto to do this, couldn't keep dry eyes.
"Well, here's your damn proof,"Naruto yelled at Tsunade, "I hope you're fucking happy, now!"
Naruto broke down into tears as he sat Sasuke in a chair and collapsed in the floor.

Kakashi walked over to Naruto and put his arm around him.
"Naruto, I know how you feel-" Kakashi started but was cut off when Naruto shoved him to the floor and stood up.
"No, Kakashi, I don't think you do, I loved him, and he loved me, and you three had to take that from us."

"Naruto," Tsunade began, "it was-"
"It was what for my own good? I doubt it!"
"No, it-"
"You know what, go to hell, and never, never talk to me again, I quit!" Naruto yelled as he ripped off his head band and threw it to the ground. "Just go to hell." Naruto started over to Sasuke.

"We'll bury him tomorrow." Iruka said to Tsunade.
"The hell you will, he was mine, and I'll bury him." Naruto yelled at Iruka. He picked up Sasuke.

"I am sorry, Naruto," Tsunade pleaded for Naruto's forgiveness, "I wish it hadn't had ended this way."

"You're sorry?" Naruto screamed, "Well look at this!"
He reached into his pocket and tossed the headband on a table.
"Oh my, he was.."
"Yes, that's right, he was coming back to the village, but you bastards made me kill him!"
"Naruto, I-"
"Go to hell!" Naruto screamed once more before he ran from the office.

Kakashi finally broke into tears, along with Iruka, and Tsunade. Sasuke was coming home, but they killed him before he could.
Naruto's Nightmare by Smurd
By the time Naruto got home, he had accepted what he had done and calmed a little. He opened the door to his apartment, and took his friend inside, and lay him on the bed. Naruto pulled a blanket from his closet and carefully pulled it up to Sasuke's neck.
"At least you can sleep in a warm bed tonight, Sasuke." Naruto told the lifeless body as he kissed him on the fore-head and layed down on the floor.

That night was full of restless dreams for Naruto.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

"Hehe, come on Sasuke," a little Naruto chuckled as he poked at his best friend,"play tag with me!"
"Stop it, Naruto!!" a young Sasuke whined,"I just want to sit and watch the water flow."
"Saaasssukkeeee!"
"Naaaruuuttooo!"
"Well, if you won't play tag with me, then..." Naruto stopped short, purposely making Sasuke turn and look at him. Naruto leaped at Sasuke knocking them both into the water of Konoha Lake.

"Naruto!" Sasuke continued whining," I still have my clothes on, now they'll be soaked!!!"
"Oh chill out, Sasuke! We can dry off staring at the clouds later, so just..." Naruto looked around.
"Sasuke? Sasuke?"
Sasuke was nowhere to be seen. Naruto dove under water, still no Sasuke.
"Sasuke!?"
"Naruto HELP!" Sasuke's voice pierced the air.
"Sasuke, where are you?"
"NARUTO!!!" Sasuke's voice was coming from nowhere.
"Sasuke, stop it, please, you're scaring me."
"Naruto, help me, please." Sasuke started crying.
"Sasuke, please tell me where you are!"
"NARUTOOOOO!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naruto awoke with a scream.
"It was only a dream , only a dream," Naruto tried to calm himself,"but it felt so real."

"That's beacause it was real, Naruto." Sasuke laughed, sitting up on the bed, watching Naruto carefully. "That was when we were but five, mere tykes. You almost let me die, remember? You didn't try to save me. You have always been a bad friend, and now, you try to kill me!"

"No, Sasuke, they made me, I've always loved you!" Naruto pleaded with his newly alive best friend.
"I understand, Naruto, it wasn't your fault." Sasuke spread his arms, waiting for a hug from his best friend.

Naruto stood, and the embraced Sasuke, like he wished he could've about 2 hours ago.
"I'm so happy that you're still here, Sasuke. I promise, I will never hurt you again. I love you"
"I know, Naruto, I forgive you, and I love you too."
"Sasuke!"
"But, Naruto?"
"Yes, Sasuke?" Naruto said, not breaking the hug, fearing he would lose Sasuke again if he did.

"It's my turn to be the bad friend."
"What?"

The same kunai that was in Sasuke's side was thrust into Naruto's Stomach.

"Sas...uke...why?"
"What goes around comes around, Naru-san," Sasuke chuckled,"Only me, I'm going to make sure you're dead before I call it quits."

Naruto fell to the floor, and Sasuke plunged the knife back in Naruto's stomach, and sliced up, ripping Naruto from belly to neck, leaving him lifeless.
Surviving the Night by Smurd
Author's Notes:
Sorry it's taken me so long to update, I can only blame Guitar Hero.
"Sasuke, NOOO!!" Naruto yelled, jumping from under his blanket. "Ohh, it was a dream too." He said, looking down at his chest, and seeing it fine, not layed open like a cut of beef. Then he looked up to see Sasuke still lying there.
"I'm so sorry, but it wasn't my fault, why are you doing this to me?" Naryto asked the corpe.
"What am I thinking, he's not doing anything, it's me that's making me have these dreams. Talking to a corpse, I must be losing it, I need some air."

Naruto stepped out the window onto the roof. He sat with his back against the apartment, watching the stars, just like he and Sasuke used to do before Sasuke left.

"Sasuke loved the stars," Naruto thought aloud, "We'd sit here for hours, him in my arms, just watching the stars all night until we fell asleep."

With this thought, Naruto smiled a bit for the first time since the previous night.

"Sasuke...." Naruto drifted off to sleep again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sasuke, come this way!" Naruto persistently bugged Sasuke, dragging him along by the arm.
"Why, Naruto?" Sasuke protested.
"I want to show you something." There was no stopiing the overly-hyper blond boy, and, secretly, Sasuke wouldn't have it any other way.

"Naruto! I can walk myself, you don't have to drag me!" Sasuke continued to protest.
"No! You're too slow! Come ON!" Naruto further pestered his best friend.

"Why are you carrying that stupid, ugly back pack, Naruto?" Sasuke pondered.
"Well, Sasuke, if you remember, you gave this to me on my sixth birthday, you were the only one to come to my party, the only one to care. So I like my stupid ugly back pack. And, thank you for coming."

"Hey, that's what I'm here for." The Uchiha said proudly.
"We're here, let me behind you."

Naruto walked around behind Sasuke, and put his hands over Sasuke's eyes.

"Now WALK!" Naruto demanded.

"Yes-sir!" Sasuke teased, but walked anyway.

Naruto walked with his blind friend in front of a huge lake.

"I'm going to move my hands, but I want you to keep your eyes closed, okay?"

"Okay." Sasuke replied, excited as a kid a Christmas, not knowing what his best friend was doing.

"Promise?"

"I promise."
Naruto took his hands from Sasuke's eyes and walked around in front of him, unzipped his back pack, and pulled out a gift wrapped box.

"Okay, open your eyes, Sasuke."
Sasuke did as he was told.

"Oh Naruto, you shouldn't have! It's so pretty, thank you!"
"Go ahead, open it." Naruto urged

Sasuke took the gift from Naruto, and slowly unwrapped it, being careful not to tear the paper. Naruto could be so thoughtfuk sometimes. Sasuke opened the box and gasped as he pulled out the gift.

"Naruto, it's...amazing!" Sasuke exclaimed as he pulled out a black leather jacket with the Uchiha clan symbol on the back, and both sleeves.

"Now you can look as cool as you feel, Mr. Uchiha!" Naruto joked.
"But why, Naruto?"
"Well, I wanted to ask you something."
"What are you waiting for, then, Dobe?"
"Well...it's kinda..."
"Spit it out Dobe"
"Don't rush me, it's important."
"If it was too important, you would've said it already."
"Well, you see...I...was"
"Come ON!"
"WILL YOU BE MINE?"
"Wha..what?"
"I'm asking you to be my boyfriend."
"Oh...wow."
"Yea, I didn't think so, I was just, nevermind. You can keep the jacket, though."

Naruto started to walk away, crushed, heart torn in two.
"Naru-chan, wait, you didn't let me answer!"
"You didn't have too, I could hear it in your voice."
"The reason I said that, it's just that.."
"Yea?"
"Well, I've waited so long for you to ask that!"
"You mean?"
"Yes, it's a yes!"
"Oh Sasuke! I love you, I always have!"
"I've always loved you too, Naruto, but I've never had the nerve to tell you."

Naruto ran to Sasuke and threw his arms around him. Sasuke kissed Naruto gently on th forehead as they walked back into town, hand in hand, with Sasuke's new jacket over his shoulder.

"I love you, Dobe."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Preperations for the Service by Smurd
"I love you too Sasuke-kun." Naruto openede his eyes, awoken by the warm sun on his whiskered cheeks.
"Damn, another dream." Naruto complained when he was awoken from his wonderful slumber. His sences cleared of sleepiness, when he realized it was morning. He stepped inside his room and lookede at Sasuke, still sleeping, he'd be sleeping forever, now.

"Sasuke, I had a dream last night, it was of when I asked you to be mine. That was the best day of my life. And you had to go and ruin it, you big jerk!" Naruto started crying again.

Naruto's cries were interupted by a knock at the door. Naruto walked to the door.
"Who is it?" he asked coldly, trying not to sound like he'd been crying.
It was Iruka.

"Naruto, it's me, we have Sasuke's coffin, let me in, I'll help you bring him outside."
"Go away, Iruka, I hate you!"
"Naruto, you don't mean that."
"Yes, I do, you made me kill the only person that loved me!"
"I love you, so does Kakashi, and Tsunade, and so does everyone else in the village!"

"Do they, they all treated my like I was nothing!"
"So did Sasuke!"
Naruto had nothing else to say, not that it mattered, nothing mattered anymore.

"Just go away Iruka, I said I hate you"
"I understand,Naruto, the coffin's outside."

Naruto offere no reply, but walked over to the bed and uncovered Sasuke.

"Good morning, handsome." Naruto told Sasuke as he bent down and kissed him. Naruto then picked Sasuke up and started outside. Ino spotted him as he walked out the door of the apartment complex, and ran over to him.

"S..So it is true...Sasuke," Ino started bawling, "he wasn't evil, he didn't deserve this.

Naruto placed Sasuke inside the casket and walked over ot Ino.

"I know he didn't, it wasn't my choice to do this. I...they..."

"I know, I know, it was Tsunade, Iruka and Kakashi, and worst of all they made you do it, all you did was love and care for the boy."

"I know..." tears began to roll down Naruto's cheeks as well as Ino's. Naruto embraced Ino in a comforting hug.

"Ino, I have something to ask."
"Yes?"
"Would you help me carry Sasuke's casket to the place he is to be buried?"
"Yes, of course."

With that, Naruto made four shadow clones, and with Naruto, the clones, and Ino, they lifted the coffin and started to carry it to Konoha Lake.

On the way to the grave site, they ran across Lee.
"Naruto, I'm so sorry.
"Thank you, Lee."
"It shouldn't have ended this way."
"But it did, Lee."
"And it's a shame, Sasuke was an excellent ninja, and a great person."
"He felt the same way about you, he always talked about wishing he could fight you again, to see how strong you had gotten. Hey, Lee, would you honor Sasuke by carrying his coffin with me and Ino?"

"It would be my honor, Naruto." Lee complied graciously. One of the clones disappeared in a puff of smoke, and Lee took its place at the coffin.

Naruto, Lee, and Ino, continued their deed of carrying the coffin to the lake, they didn't have long, the funeral was scheduled to begin in two hours. Kakashi saw them and walked up to help.

"Naruto, Lee, Ino, let me help you with that." Kakashi offered.

"We've got all the help we need Kakashi." Naruto said rudely.

"Just let me help, he WAS my former student after all."
"Do NOT touch this casket, Kakashi, I'm warning you, I'll hurt you if I have too, but you'll have NOTHIN to do with this funeral."
"So be it, Naruto, I'll stay away."
"You'd better!"

By the time they reached the lake, it was Naruto, Lee, Ino, Neji, Kiba and Shino carrying the coffin, none with dry eyes, not even Neji, who shows no emotion coulld keep from crying.

The six set the coffin upon the stand that had been set up for them, and left to change for the funeral.
Saying Good-bye by Smurd
The funeral arrived and everyone gathered at the lake where Sasuke was to be buried. They all took a seat at the pews that had been set up, and awaited the service. Tsunade stood in front of the coffin and began.

"We are gathered here today to honor the life of one of our village's proudest clan's last member, Sasuke Uchiha will forever be known as one of the most talented shinobi ever to grace our village with his presence. But an unfortunate turn of events led to his untimely death. But now, I will let his closest friend take over. Naruto Uzamaki."

Naruto stood from his seat in the front row and slowly walked up to the coffin.

"Thank you, Tsunade," Naruto winced at the name, "I was Sasuke's closest friend and more.I was his biggest rival, his savior from Orochimaru, as well as his...lover. So if anyone knows Sasuke, it's me. And he wouldn't like us moping around about his death, he would rather us be celebrating his life. So, if you would, , come up to the casket one-by-one and talk about memories you have of Sasuke, and say your last good byes to the lovely Uchiha." Naruto walked off stage and took his seat.

First up was Sakura, she took the stage with tears in her eyes.
"Sasuke always gave me something to look toward. I always thought that I wasn't good enough for him, so I worked ten times harder more than I would have, to try to impress him. But it turns out that all I had to do was talk to him like a person, instead of treating him like a god." Sakura smiled at the memory of Sasuke, turned and put a white rose in his coffin, bowed her head to say a prayer and returned to her seat beside Naruto."

"You did great, Sakura, you're very brave." Naruto comforted Sakura.

Lee walked to the coffin.
"Sasuke pushed me to my limits, as well. He was the best genin of his year, I felt I had to be better. But all I could use was Taijutsu, so I had to try even harder. But I saw him and all of his skill that he trained himself for, and knew I could as well. Sasuke changed my life forever, and I will never forget him, I doubt any of us will." Lee lay a rose in Sasuke's casket, said a prayer and took his seat.

Many other shinobi took the stage and spoke of memories with Sasuke, prayed, and put a single white rose in Sasuke's coffin. After everyone had said their part, Naruto returned to the stage to say his.

"Sasuke, he loved me when no one else would. When other villagers shunned me, he embraced me. Whenever I'd cry, Sasuke would wipe away my tears and beg me not to cry anymore. When I was happy, he was happy. When I was sad, he was sad. He was, and always will be, my best friend."

Naruto placed his rose into Sasuke's casket. Only, his rose was red. One red rose amongst all white ones. Just like Sasuke, one vibrant rose in a field of roses of the same.

"It seems that Sasuke had the same effect on everyone he met. He made people strive to be the best they could be," Naruto continued, "So now, we say good bye to one of the greatest shinobi, and very well, one of the greatest people anyone could ever know, good bye, Sasuke Uchiha, we'll miss you."

Naruto closed the casket, forever letting Sasuke sleep.
"Good night, Sasuke," Naruto whispered, "I love you."
Burying the Past by Smurd
When the funeral was over, Kakashi and Iruka walked to Naruto, who still had one hand on the casket, crying silently and Talking to Sasuke.
"Naruto?" Kakashi asked.
"What do you want?"
"We're her to help you bury him."
"I'll bury him myself."
"Naruto, you're being idiotic!" Iruka scolded.
"Just let us help." Kakashi continued.
"If you lay a hand on this casket, that hand will be buried with Sasuke, got it?"
"I told you, Iruka, there's no talking to this boy," Kakashi told Iruka, as he turned around, "let's just go."
"I think that would be best." Naruto agreed
"First, Naruto, I htought you might want this back." Iruka handed Naruto the headband he had left in the Hikage's office two nights ago.
"Sasuke's headband...thanks, Iruka."
Iruka smiled and walked away.

Naruto graabed a near-by shovel and thrust it into the dirt. Sure, he could've gotten help, or made a dozen shadow clones to help him, but he wanted this done right. Hours past before Naruto was satisfied with the graves depth. Naruto climbed back out and went to move the casket from the stand it was in, to the grave.

"You need some help with that?"
Naruto looked to where the voice came from to see Ino, Lee, Kiba, Neji and Shino shoveld at hand, prepared to help.It had started to rain, so everyone was soaked, but no one cared. Sasuke was a great friend, so they didn't mind.

"Thanks you guys." Naruto teared up again, but not from sadness, but from all of his friends, risking the weather to help him.
"What are friendds for?" This voice came from behind, he turned to see Sakura, Choji, Hinata, Ten-Ten, Shikamaru, and even Gaara Temari and Kankuro had shown up.

Everyone found their spot at the casket and lifted, then carried it over and gently lowered it into the grave beside Lake Konoha.

"Hey, Naruto?" Ino asked
"Yes?"
"Why did you pick here to bury Sasuke?"
"Because, this is where I first asked Sasuke to be mine. Thips has always meant a lot to me and Sasuke., so I think he deserve to buried here."
"He does." Ino agreed.
Naruto picked up a shovel and scooped a shovel of dirt.
But before he tossed it in, he remembered Sasuke's headband. He had it in hid pocket, but thought about his old one.
"That one would mean more." Naruto thought aloud.
"What?" Sakura, the only one who heard him asked.

"I'll be right back." Naruto yelled before running back to his home. He dashed through the complex to his room, and, from the top shelf, grabbed Sasuk'es old headband, the one with the scratch from the Valley of the End

"I kept this just for you Sasuke, in case you ever came back, and you were going to until-" Naruto stopped himself there, he had to hurry back to the grave, all of his friends were waiting, there was no time for crying.

Naruto rushed out the door and back to Sasuke's grave.
"where did you go, Naruto?" Sakura asked.
"I thought he might want this to be buried with him." Naruto held out Sasuke's headband.
"You kept it..."
"Yes, I did."
Naruto tossed Sasuke's headband into the grave.
"I'll see you again, Sasuke....Some day."

Naruto, Sakura, Ino, Kiba, Neji, Shino, Lee, Ten-Ten, Choji, Hinata, Shikamaru, Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro all shoveled dirt over Sasuke's casket.
"Thanks, you guys."
Naruto said.
Without anther word, everyone walked back to the village and into their homes.

When Naruto returned home, he lie down on his bed. He was more tired than he thought.
Damn These Dreams by Smurd
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the shortness of this chapter, I'll get to writing more, I swear.
"Sasuke! Please, come back!"
"Just leave, Naruto, don't make me kill you"
"I promised Sakura I'd bring you back!"
"Well, you'll break that promise, I WON'T come back."
"YES YOU WILL!!"
Naruto charged at Sauke, only to be dodged and stomped in the back.
"Naruto, I really don't want to hurt you."
"You're coming back to the village!"
Naruto charged again.
"But I guess I'll have too."

Sasuke juked to the side and leaped at Naruto, Sasuke's fist connected with Naruto's face, sending him flying.
"I'm sorry Naruto, but I can't come back, not now.


Naruto lie there, barely conscious, but he didn't care if he died. Sasuke walked over to him
"I'm sorry, I couldn't save you, Sasuke." Naruto mustered.
"From getting stronger, why would you want to try to keep that from me. I have to be stronger, you know that, why do you want to take that away from me?"

"You're right, I'm just being selfish. I just love you, that's all. Good-bye, Sasuke."
"I love you too, Naruto, and I'll be back, just not right now."
"Promise?"
"I promise."
Sasuke helped Naruto up, and, with one last kiss, jumped away into the forest.
"Good-bye, Ssasuke." Naruto Whispered, "I love you."

Naruto awoke in a cold sweat.
"Damn these dreams....Sasuke....I miss you."
Please Reconsider by Smurd
Author's Notes:
I know it's been forever since I've updated. And I really have no excuse, but I'm sorry.
A knock on the door woke Naruto from his restless slumber. He had gotten back to sleep after his dream, just to be plagued by another. Why were these dreams happening? Why were they all about Sasuke?
Naruto walked to the door to greet his visitor.
"Hi, Naruto," Sakura greeted him, "the Hokage wants to see you, so get dressed and come to her office."
Sakura pointed out that Naruto was still in his bright orange boxers.
"Oh." Naruto turned red, "Sorry, Sakura-chan." Naruto threw on his pants and Jacket and was off, he reached the Hokage's office, and reluctantly climbed the stairs.
"What do you want, Tsunade?" Naruto asked meanly.
"I want to apologize and ask you to become a shinobi again."
"You can forget it, and you can shove your apology up your-"
"Naruto, please, reconsider!"
"NO!"
"PLEASE!"
Naruto turned to walk out, only to find his exit blocked by Kakashi.
"Kakashi, move." Naruto demanded
"Naruto, we need you." Kakashi pleaded.
"You NEED to move, before I have to hurt you."
"Naruto, ple-"
Naruto kneed Kakashi in the ribs, breaking 5 of them, and dropping Kakashi to the ground.
"I said move, Kakashi." Naruto walked to the room followed by Iruka.
"Naruto, please, come back!" Iruka yelled after him.
"Iruka, I don't wont to have to hurt you, but if you make me, I will without a second though."

Iruka put his hand on Naruto's shoulder to stop him. Naruo, in a flash, turned, grabbed Iruka's arm, twisted it, breaking it in 2 places, jerked Iruka to the ground, and kicked him in the face, breaking his jaw and some teeth.

"You made me." Naruto said calmly and walked off.
Get a grip, Naruto by Smurd
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any characters in said anime.
On his way home, Naruto passed his favorite Ramen shop.
"Hey, Naruto, want some Ramen? On the house!"
"No thanks, Mr. Icharaku, I'm not hungry."
"Naruto, I'm worried, you haven't had any Ramen since...oh..I'm sorry."
"It's okay, but, I'm just not hungry, that's all"
"Okay, Naruto."
"Thanks Mr. Icharaku."

Naruto started walking again towards his house.
"Naruto!" A voice called
"Huh? That sounded like Sasuke, but it couldn't be."
"Naruto!"

Naruto turned to face the voice, there he was, Sasuke was standing right there.

"Sasuke? Is that you?" Naruto ran and hugged Sasuke.
"Naruto, get a grip!" Neji said, pushing Naruto off of him.
Naruto looked again, it was Neji standing there, not Sasuke.
'Now I'm having hallucinations!' Naruto thought to himself.
"Sorry, Neji, I just thought you were Sasuke."
"Naruo, you're not well, have you been eating?"
"Yes!" Naruto lied.
Neji raised Naruto's shirt, he was skinny, about 4 days without eating skinny.
"No you haven't, you need to eat, Naruto."
"Why?"
"So you can live!"
"I don't want to live!"
"Yes you do!"
"NO!!"
Naruto turned from Neji and dashed away.
"NARUTO!!" Neji called after him.
"Just leave me alone!"

Neji started after him, but someone grabbed his shoulder and stopped him.

"No, Neji, just let him go." Tsunade said.
"Tsunade, I'm worried."
"So am I, Neji, So am I."

Naruto reached his apartment and went for the bathroom. He looked in the mirror, there were heavy bags under his eyes, it hadn't been easy getting to sleep, and when he did, he had nightmares, it was restless.

"I just want the pain to stop!" Naruto cried.
He raised a kunai from his pouch, pressed it to his wrist, and slid.
He watched the red liquid relief drip from his arm to the floor. It felt good, it relieved his emotional pain.
Naruto moved the kunai up on his wrist farther and sliced again, and again, and again. Blood was coverin the bathroom floor, he was getting light-headed, it felt great.
Naruto wrapped a towel around his arm, and lie down on his bed. The light headedness made it easy to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Orochimaru's head fell to the floor, it was over.
"You did it Naru!"
"You're safe now, Sasuke-kun."
Naruto unchained Sasuke from the wall, he had saved him right before Orochimaru took his body.
Sasuke threw his arms around Naruto.
"After all I've done, you still save me?" Sasuke asked.
"Of course Sasu, I love you sp very much."
"I love you too, Naru."
Sasuke kissed Naruto for the first time since he left, it had been 4 years, 4 long years.
"I missed you so much, Naruto, but Itachi's gone now."
"And so is Orochimaru, nothing can come between us now."

Naruto was happy now, for the first time in 4 years.
He jumped into Sasuke's embrace again, only this time, he fell through him.
"Huh, what happened?" Naruto questioned.
"Bye Naruto!"
"No, don't go!"
Sasuke started fading away.
"What's happening?"
"I'm dying, you killed me, remember?"
"What, no I didn't" He could see right through Sasuke now.
"Sasuke, NO! I just got you back!"
Naruto ran to kiss Sasuke again, but he was too late, there was no substance to kiss, his lips touched nothing.
Sasuke reached up and touched Naruto's face, but Naruto couldn't feel it.
"Sasuke, I love you!"
"I love you too, Naru."
Sasuke fade into nothing.
He was gone.
Naruto was alone.
He was alone again.
Why did you stop Me? by Smurd
"Sasuke, not again!" Naruto screamed, jumping up in bed.
"DAMN IT!! Why am I still having these dreams? Why is Sasuke haunting me like this.

Naruto ran back to the bathroom, the floor was caked with dried blood. He grabbed the kunai from the counter and sliced up his other arm.

He lost his energy from the loss of blood, dropped his kunai, and fell to the floor, hitting his head on the ceramic tile wall, knocking him out cold. He was bleeding bad and unconscious in a pool of it. He was in trouble.
*knock knock* Naji rapped on the door of Naruto's apartment.
"Naruto, I need to see you!"
No answer
"Naruto?"
Still no answer
"NARUTO!?"
Nothing
"Byakugan!"
Neji scanned the room and saw Naruto laying in the bathroom floor with blood all over him. Neji burst through the door and to Naruto.
"Naruto! Naruto, wake up!" Neji tried to wake Naruto.
"Oh God! He's not waking up!"

Neji scooped Naruto up into his arms and ran out the door, down the stairs, out the apartment complex, and to the hospital.

Naruto awoke in a strange white room, in a strange bed.
"Ughh..." Naruto groaned trying to sit up in bed.
"NARUTO!! You're awake! Tsunade, Naruto's awake!" Neji yelled/ He ran to Naruto and hugged him tightly.
"I was worried about you, kid." Neji said relieved.
Tsunade opened the door and walked in the room.
"What were you THINKING??" Tsunade screamed, slapping Naruto across the face.
"Go to Hell, Tsunade, you made me do it!"
"What are you talking about?"
"you made me kill Sasuke, and now Sasuke is haunting me."
"You're just hallucinating!"
"No, I'm not!"
"He's going crazy from guilt." Neji cut in.
"I'M NOT CRAZY!"
"Naruto, calm down." Neji said
"And you," Naruto started, "Neji, why did you have to save me?"
"What?"
"I wanted to end it! Why did you stop me?"
"Naruto....."
Neji's Care by Smurd
Author's Notes:
Contrary to how this chapter ends. This is not the end of the story, there will be another chapter.
"Naruto, from now, until you are no longer a threat to yourself," Tsunade began, "you will be taken care of by Neji."

"No I won't!"
"Yes you will." Neji agreed.
"Your weapons will be taken away, and anything you could harm yourself with, will be taken away."
"Whatever."
"Neji will take you to his house, take your weapons and fix you dinner, and Neji?"
"Yes'm?" Neji replied
"Make sure he eats!"
"Yes ma'am!"
"But I'm not hungry." Naruto protested.
"You will be."
"You can't make me eat!"
"You're going to eat!"
"Whatever..."
Neji led Naruto to the Hyugga Enclave and into the guest room.
"Alright Naruto, give me your weapons, and your fore head protector."
"My headband is gone, I got rid of it a while ago. And here, here are my weapons, take 'em, I don't give a damn."
Naruto tossed his weapons to the floor, all his shuriken, all his kunai, well, except for the one he had tied to his leg, under his pants, and Neji WASN'T getting that one.

"Naruto, are you hungry?"
"No, Neji, I am not."
"Well, you've got to eat!"
"NO!"
Neji led Naruto into the kitchen and put a pot on the stove and started to boil water for Ramen.
"I'm making you're favorite!"
"I'm not hungry! And I'm going up stair to my room."
"Fine, I'll bring the Ramen up when it's done."
"You're wasting your time, Hyugga."
Naruto left the kitchen and walked back to his room. He thought of the kunai and how good it felt. But Neji might walk in and take his kunai, the only thing that made the pain go away. So he lie on his bed wishing the pain would just stop.

"Naruto! Dinner's ready, I'm coming in." Neji said outside the door. Naruto walked to the door and let Neji in, he did bring the food.
"Eat up!" Neji smiled.
"Neji," Naruto started, teary eyed, "why do you care so much?"
"Well, Naruto...I don't really know, but I do know that you need to eat."
Naruto looked at his meal, it looked scrumptious. It smelled even better. He could imagine the taste, he loved it. But he couldn't bring himself to eat. He wasn't hungry, and the thought of eating made him sick.
"Neji, I can't....I can't bring myself to eat."
"It's okay, Naruto, I'll just sit it here and I'm sure you'll eat it sometime."

"Thanks, Neji, but I'm gonna lie down now, I've had quite a day."
"Okay, good night, Naruto."
"Good night Sasuke.." Naruto said without thinking, "I mean Neji, good night, Neji."
Neji smiled and left the room.

Naruto walked into the bathroom. He untied the kunai from under his pants. He raised it to his scarred arm and sliced each arm 5 times. Bleeding badly, Naruto walked back to his bed, feeling light headed again.
"Please, don't Haunt me tonight, Sasuke."
Naruto fell on the bed, crawled under the blanket and fell asleep.
The light-headedness made is easier to sleep.


"Naruto, wake up!" Sasuke said, poking the blond.
"Nyuhh...I'm up." Naruto grumbled and staggered to his feet.
"Good morning, Naruto!"
"Good morning, Sasuke......SASUKE?"
Naruto couldn't believe his eyes, Sasuke was standing right there, flesh and bone, he felt Sasuke touch his face, this had to be real, but he had to be sure. Naruto dived onto Sasuke, hugging him, and, sure enough, they both feel to the ground.

"What's your problem, dobe? You act like I died or something."
"You were, I had to kill you, you haunted me, and-"
"You were, dreaming, idiot."
The Note by Smurd
Naruto looked around, everything was black, he couldn't see anything but Sasuke.
"Hey, Sasuke, where are we?"
"I don't know, let's find out!"
Sasuke jumped from the ground and started running into the darkness. Naruto jumped to his his feet and ran after him.
"Sasuke, wait!" Naruto pleaded.
He saw Sasuke ahead, only in different clother now, and his skin, it went from pale to almost green.
"Sasuke?"
Sasuke turnes to face Naruto, and when Naruto saw him, it almost made him sick. Most of Sasuke's face was eaten away, and what was left was a sickening green, rotting and droopy. One of his eyes was out of its socket, it was a horrible sight. Sasuke's shirt was stained with a hole that continued from the fabric into his ribcage. This was the true Sasuke. The Sasuke he had killed.
"Sasuke...."
"You killed me Naruto, all I did was love you, and you killed me!"

"I didn't have a choice, they made me!"
"And you couldn't say no?"
"No, they would've killed me!" Naruto began to cry again.
"And you couldn't run away?"
"Well...."
"You could've, couldn't you?"
"Yes...."
"Instead of doing this to me!"
"I'm sorry, Sasuke!"
"It's too late for that!"
Sasuke activated his Sharingan, but iy was the Magekyou Sharingan. he had caught Naruto in a gunjutsu.
"Sasuke, no!"

Naruto saw back into the woods that night.
He saw himself draw out the kunai.
"No, don't!" Naruto yelled to himself, but he wasn't heard.
Black metal peirced pale skin. Blood poured.
"No. please!" Naruto pleaded.
Sasuke was gone.
"I'm sorry, Sasuke, I love you."

Sasuke stood and pulled the kunai from his ribs, and lunged at Naruto.

"Now I'm going to kill YOU!" Sasuke yelled, furiously as he plunged the kunai into Naruto.
"Sasuke NOOO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NOOO!!!" Naruto screamed and fell out of bed.
"DAMN IT!!! DAMN IT!!!! Why are you haunting me, Sasuke? I'M SORRY!!! I'M SORRY!!! PLEASE!!!! I've got to stop this. Sasuke's not haunting me, I'm going crazy.

Naruto sat at the table, picked up his chopsticks, and ate the Ramen Neji had prepared for him. When he finished, he found a peice of paper and wrote Neji a note.

Dear Neji,

Thank you for all of your hospitality and your kindness. Thank you for welcoming me into your home, and feeding me. Thank you for caring about me. Thank you for helping with Sasuke's funeral. And I am sorry that I have to leave so sudden, but if I had said anything, you would've stopped me. So I had to do this.

Please tell Tsunade that I don't really hate her.

Please tell Iruka and Kakashi that I'm sorry for hurting them the way I did.

Please tell Sakura to be strong without me.

Please tell Hinata not to cry, this is what I wanted.

Please tell everyone else not to mourn me, not to miss me, I've gone somewhere better now. I've gone to be with Sasuke,

Tell everyone good bye for me.

Tell everyone I loved them dearly.

And when you come looking for me tomorrow, I think you'll know where I'll be.

Good bye, Neji, I'll see you again, someday.
To stop the Pain by Smurd
Naruto opened the window in his room and crawled out.

He started toward Lake Konoha.

Naruto arrived and stood at the foot of Sasuke's grave.

"I'll be with you soon, Sasuke. Good bye Konoha, good bye world, good bye, life."

Naruto took out his kunai one last time.

"Thank you kunai, you've eased my pain, now I'll just ask you to do one last thing."

With that, Naruto put the blade on the underside of his arm, at the base of the elbow, and stabbed in.

He ripped all the way down to his wrist.

There was no one to disturb his peace.

Even if there was someone around, the cut was too big, too deep.

There was no way to stop the bleeding now.

He'd be gone soon, but he didn't mind.

He was getting light headed again.

He lie down on Sasuke's grave, he was going to sleep, one last time.

The light headedness made it easy to sleep.

Naruto was finally happy.

At the place the two found true happiness in this life, begins their eternal happiness in the next.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=5791