To get away by Raindriops17
Summary: Found in the sea, he was brought to a forgotten place. When he finds peace and understanding. Others find choas, lost hope, and what he's left behind. When they look for him they find the truths to the untold lies.
Categories: Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance, Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Top Pairings > Sasuke and Naruto Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 2859 Read: 2403 Published: 19/05/07 Updated: 20/05/07

1. Prologue by Raindriops17

2. The lady of the ship by Raindriops17

Prologue by Raindriops17
Author's Notes:
Review if you want me to upload the first chapter. Sorry if i get any of the spelling wrong, im not so good at spelling things.

Disclaimer: I do not Naruto. This is purely fan-based.
He wanted to get away....


So he did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the eyes that got me the most. The eyes that hated him so much that it made me want to crawl in a hole a fucking die. I dont know how they could have such a hated for someone as young as I am.

How could they hate a child?


Next to that was the whispers. I often wondered if it was only in my head ("Look! there's the demon!..") but i soon found out that the only thing in my head was not voices but one voice. ("Why did they let him live?...")

"Why don't you just go die, Kyuubi!"


The people of the village i that i protected, were in fact slowly taking away my rights of being human. For being who i am, or was. By the time i became Chuunin, I couldn't stand it. I was slowly dieing and not even the 5th could stop it. Not with all her might nor her wit. My friends never noticed my internal struggle. Too focused on the Uchiha that I brought back. Me.

So I ran. I didn't even stop to think, I just ran. One person can only take so much, and i have long pasted my limit. And even when i reached the sea i didn't stop, kept going until i ran out of charka in the middle of the ocean somewhere. I was so tired i feel asleep. So As I fade right now into the deep blue i think, 'Do i really want to die?'


God, Some one please h e l p m e.


_________________________


Tell me that cha' think
The lady of the ship by Raindriops17
Author's Notes:
Here's chapter one. Review if you want.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto nor do i make any money off of this. Its purely fan based and made and only for enjoyment.
________C_H_A_P_T_E_R__O_N_E__________


"Oi!" the old man called from up in the crows nest.

His face was wrinkled with age and the life of the sea. His teeth where yellow and breath was always bad, he was short never reaching 5'5" in his whole life, but that was fine by him. His hair was white and slowly starting to recede on his head giving him a large forehead. His fingers were worn with working on the sea for so long. The only thing that his crew-mates new him by was Jiji since he had stated that he had forgotten his name.

"What is it old man?!" called one of the younger crew members.

He pointed out to the west, knowing that the boy couldn't see what he saw but was going to point to the right direction,

"Shudder up! Tell 'em ta get that there ninja! Some foo' trying ta get ta Davy Jones Locker!" He yelled down with a huff.

The boy looked up with a look on his face, "There's a man over board?" he called up again.

"No! Get the shit outta your ears, Boy! Some Idiot is drowning out there!" Jiji called down even more irritated before mumbling about "Damn young-in's! can't hear worth a damn!"

The boy nodded his head, the brown locks falling over his equally brown eyes. He ran to the captain's office where he new the ninja was. He was quite new on the ship. He was barely 20 years old and before he signed up for this job he had never been out to sea before. He was once pale but now was golden brown with all the work he's been doing on the ship. He was known as "Kid" but his real name was Ken.

He knocked on the door before he heard the grunt of the captain and let him-self in.

"Captain, Old man says there's someone floating out yonder and He wants the ninja to get 'em." Ken said panting slightly.

"Y'know i do have a name..."

Ken turned to the only female abord. She was about 5'4" and had short brown hair that was messy. Her bangs flatten to her face with the head band that covered it. It was black and had two music notes on them. Her skin was equally tan as his, but her brown eyes were much darker and had flecks of gold in them. Her lightly pink lips were in a pout. She had a normal clothes for a Shinobi. A black shirt with fish-net under it. The fishnet shirt only covered a third of her right arm and wasn't seen on the left. She had gray shorts on and black ninja sandals.

"See what cha' gon do now, boy!? Ya upset the lady!" His captain shouted.

His Captain was a good hearted fellow and very humorous. He was bald and bright gray eyes. Tan skin like the rest of them and weathered hand much like Jiji. He was normal clothes was a white shirt and brown Kakis. He was very.. large. And a little perverted.

Ken gained a sweat drop and looked at the Ninja. he bowed his head and said, "Ah, goman...?"

"Gwen. My name is Gwen." She said with a sigh. She pushed off the wall where she was standing and stood and looked up at Ken.

P.O.V switch: Gwen


'Well there goes that conversation...Too bad..' I thought as i pushed off from the wall where i was standing.

Boy in front of me wasn't a day over 20 and yet he was looking at me with some sort of fear. I wasn't even near my 20's yet and he's afraid of me? Granted, Im only 18 and in the Ambu, but didn't the boy had a little self-esteem?

I look at the Captain. "I'll be back okay? I don't plan on leaving my mission."

He nodded and i walk past the boy into the deck of the busy ship. My mission was to look after this ship as it went to 4 different ports. One in Mist country , Fire country, Tea country, and then finally Wind country. We were just heading home. In fact I could sleep in my own bed tomorrow night if we keep going the same speed.

It's taken roughly 4 months since I've seen my family and bed. I fully plan to sleep in my house and bed tomorrow, and nothing going to stop me.

"OI! OLD MAN!" I yelled up, with my "shockingly" loud voice.

He jumps from the crows nest and turns around and looks down from where he is. He waved and yelled back,

"Oi! Took ya' long enough! Body over yonder!" He called and pointed to the west.

I nodded and made my way over to the left side of the boat. I squint and barely see something of an orange colour. I sigh before jump over the side of the boat. As i fall to the water, i can hear some yelps of the other crew members i've come to know on this vessel.

I land on the water's surface like it was solid ground and make my away to the something orange that the old man as mistaken for a human. I think its only some buoy that drifted or some lost life saver ring. 100 meter's away from the boati find out that the old man was right.

It was a boy.

I frowned and kneeled on the water surface, not even bothered the large waves that rolled back and forth. The boy was taller then me, thought not by much. His green chuunin vest clashed horribly with his orange pants. His bright yellow hair is what got her. From what I've seen around the world not alot of people had that bright of blond hair.

I picked his head up from the water and was shocked to see his head and on his forehead. Leaf? What the hell was a leaf-nin all the way out here? There's no way he could have traveled this far without the use of a boat.

Even more to my surprise he started to cough and hack to get the water of his lungs. His shockingly blue eyes bore in to my dark brown ones before passing out again. He goes limp in my hand again. I narrow my eyes and proceed to pick him up, caring across my back, and make my way back to the ship.

It has gotten away from me little bit and i have to spirit to catch up. I told the captain to never slow down even if i was off the ship. I got up to the ship and jumped to stick on the side of the boat. This leaf-nin was too light for the age he looked.

I got back on deck to see the crew waiting for me. When they see the boy i have slung over my back they all bust out into whispers. The captain once playful gray eyes are now serious and looks at me.

"Is he alive?" He asks, in a deathly quiet voice.

I snort, "If he was dead, would i have brought him up here? Would have left him to the fish."

This brings the whole crew to laughter and im glad. I now know all these men personally and it makes me happy to see them not so worried about the new strange ninja on their ship. Shift his wight more comfortably on my shoulders and say,

"Im gonna go check his wounds in my room. Knock before you come in eh?"

They all nod, and i proceed to make my way down the creaky stairs to below deck. Only a few people are down here right now. The Captain was kind enough to give me my own "room" per-say. It was a storage closet but they cleaned it out once they found out i was a girl. I kick open the door and go into the room i've been sleeping for the past 4 months.

The bed took most of the room. It was single and it was only a box spring and a mattress. Between my small desk and bed was a port-hole. In the corner was a small lantern that lit the room very well. It was quiet place and that's all that mattered to me. My small desk was littered with paper and some books that i brought with me. My bag was at the end of my bed.

I lay the boy down on my bed and frown more as i look him over. He looked to be 15. A normal age for chuunin. But a leaf-nin? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mist-nin or even a sea-nin buta leaf-nin? That was strange. I took off his vest and threw it on a hook near my Ambu cloak and mask. He had a black long-sleeved shirt on that was more like a second skin.

Looking at his hands i realized that he had to been out there for more then 5 days. I don't know how he survived but i know he wasn't going to if i didn't get him some food and water and out of these wet clothes.

I take off his shirt and noticed that the small seal on his stomach. It's barely visible and only a shade difference from his tan skin like mine. I shrug it off. Im not great at seals so I'll wait till i get home to find out what his seal is. I take off his pants and leave him in his green boxers. I want him to be comfortable when he wakes up.

I check for any injuries, and strangely i find none. I frown more and look at the boy infront of me. What is a Leaf shinobi doing in the middle of the Lost Ocean, for alittle more then 5 days, and not have a single scratch on him? He shivers more and whines in his sleep like state. I sigh and place my light blue blanket on him. Look's like i'll be sleeping on the floor again...

Time Skip: Night
P.O.V.: 3rd


'Gaki, wake up.'

Naruto woke up in his mind, infront of Kyuubi's cage. He got up from where he was laying the water. He weakly glared at the Fox in the cage.

"What the hell do you want?" He snapped out. He felt like shit.

The fox slammed into the cage and snarled, spit falling into the waters below. 'What i fucking want?! I want your sorry ass to thank me for keeping you alive as you floated along this damn OCEAN!' The kyuubi bellowed, red eyes glowing in the darkness of the space.

Naruto looked down, troubled "Ocean?" he whispered. He shook his head before glaring up at the Kyuubi "Well, who said that i wanted you to keep me alive?!" he yelled back.

The fox sat down on and snorted, 'Yeah, and let me die along with you. Fat chance brat. Your should be glad that girl picked you up when she did or else you would have died...'

Naruto looked up at the fox when he said 'girl'. He tiled his head to the side in questioning. "Girl? What girl? I ran away from the village remember?"

The fox rolled his eyes at him, laying down, ' the girl that picked you up from this god forsaken ocean. And yes i know you ran away from the village, what do you take me for? An Idiot?' The fox gave Naruto what he would call a grin. Although you really couldn't tell. 'She's was pretty cute too. Better then the Uchiha you lust after'

Naruto sputtered and blushed like a tomato before stomping his foot and yelling, "SHUT THE HELL UP!"

The fox gave a cackle like laugh which would be some yips and barks, and "grinned" more. 'C'mon, Gaki. Time to eat.'

Naruto blinked as the mind scape around him began to fade until he saw the ceiling of something. He felt covers on top of him and thought almost that he was back in Konoha in the hospital until he remembered. He cried out as his stomach gave a painful cramp, his brain screaming at him to eat something.

"Oh, so you are alive."

Naruto turned his head to the side to see a girl setting at a small desk a small red book between her hands. She closed it with a snap and got up from where she was sitting. She dragged her chair to the edge of the bed. She smirked down at him. He looked groggly up at her,

"Where am I?" He said, his voice was rough and raspy.

"About 7 hours away from the forgotten islands and right now in the lost sea. Uh, lets see what else? Oh, you on the ship Tuski-hime and in my room that the crew has kindly given me..."

Naruto sat up, groaning, "I get it, i get it. Who are you?"

"You can call me Gwen. What's yours?"

"Uzumaki Naruto! Im gonna be Hokage some day!" He said out of habit. He winced after words though.

"Right. Whatever you say. You must be hungry. Here" Gwen said giving Naruto a small plate of food.

It was only fish and a small bun and a glass of water but to Naruto it looked like a 4 star meal. He grabbed the fish and ate it in one bite and did the same thing with the bun. He slammed down the water like he had been in Wind country for 3 weeks without water. Naruto looked up at Gwen who had turned a little green at the way he was eating.

She sighed and wiped her hand on her face before looking back at Naruto. "I guess you were hungry, ne?"

Naruto nodded, feeling oddly comfortable. Before remembering where she had said where they where. "Wait?! The Forgotten Islands!?!" He yelled.

Gwen glared at him, "Keep it down, ya? It's almost 11 at night and most everybuddy is sleeping. Ya the forgotten Islands. That's where heading."

Naruto looked down at his lap, "I've never heard of them before..."

Gwen gave a snort. "I don't suppose you would. Hence the name. There some Ninja villages there, And i happen to belong to one of them."

Naruto's head shot up, "There's more then one on these islands?" He asked

Gwen nodded, "Ya, I belong to the hidden village of Melody. You'll be going there soon enough. Then will have to find you a ship back to Konoha since this is the only one that will be there for couple of months."

Naruto's hands tightened its hold on the light blue blanket he had. His shoulders shook alittle and he nodded. "Y-yeah... Back to konoha..." He whispered.

He looked up when he saw a warm hand on his bare shoulder, he saw warm brown eyes looking down at him with a small smile gracing her lips, "Relax. Will get you home, don't worry about it. I'm sure you family is worried about you. Rest for right now."

Naruto let him-self be pushed back on to the bed and tucked in by Gwen. she blew out the lantern in the corner, now only the soft moon light, lighting up the room. She whispered out a "Goodnight, Naruto-san" as she left the room.

Naruto had never had such a good night sleep since the wave mission.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=4825