Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep by AngelOfDeath
Summary: Gabby is just getting over her mother's death when she developes an alter-ego named Syiko. She decides that she cant live in her mother's home anymore because its 'just to depressing' so she goes to work for Orochimaru with her best friend, Layla. Nothing seems to be getting better when Layla does something unexpected and Gabby isnt to happy about it, and (more importantly) neither is Syiko.
Categories: Het Romance, Non-Naruto Fiction Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 642 Read: 5269 Published: 20/01/07 Updated: 15/02/07

1. Chapter 1 by AngelOfDeath

2. Chapter 2 by BloodyAngel

3. Chapter 3 by AngelOfDeath

Chapter 1 by AngelOfDeath
Author's Notes:
Just something I thought of
Gabby grabbed Yuki's hand and forced a smile on her tear streaked face as she watched the body of her dead mother be layed to rest. She sighed and looked at her boyfriend.
"Yuki, Layla i'm going home."
"Bye Gabby" said her best friend Layla.
"I'll walk you home." said Yuki getting up. Gabby responded by giving him a weak smile and hugging him.
"On second thought, i'll come too."

------ FlashBack ------
Gabby got out of Yuki's car and waved at her boyfriend as he pulled out. "Bye Yuki!" said Gabby smiling as she blew him a kiss "See you tomorrow!"
"Bye Gabby see you in Chemestry" responded Yuki
Gabby was walking up the driveway when she heard an explosion. Gabby looked up to see her house exploding. She screamed and ran up the driveway at full speed.
"MOM!!!" she yelled still running. She ripped the door open and frantically looked around for her mother. Finally, Gabby found her mother and fell to her knees crying.
"Mom, I love you"
"I love you too" She responded touching Gabby's cheek lightly. Then her hand fell limply back into her lap. Gabby looked at her mother to find that pieces where missing. She put her head on her mother's stomach and cried.
------ End FlashBack ------
Chapter 2 by BloodyAngel
Author's Notes:
I love Deidara
Layla stood up and started to follow Gabby and Yuki, when she heard Kiba's voice,
"Where are you going Layla?" He asked.
"I'm gonna go see if Gabby is okay..." Layla said weakly, with a tear rolling down her cheek.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"I'm gonna miss her mom...she was the closest thing to a mom I've ever had, seen as my parents got killed by Kyuubi, when I was only a day old..." She said, collapsing into Kiba's arms, sobbing.He hugged her and whispered in her ear,
"It's okay, now let's go find Gabby and Yuki." He helped her to her feet and they followed after the other two.
"Gabby!!Yuki!! Wait up!!" Layla yelled.
They turned around and seen them.
"You okay?" Layla asked her best friend.
"Yeah, I'm fine..." Gabby repsonded, wiping her eyes, "Are you okay?"
Layla bit her lip and began crying again, and so did Gabby. The girls hugged each other and cried, Kiba put his hand on Layla's shoulder and Yuki put his on Gabby's and they stood there silently...
Chapter 3 by AngelOfDeath
Gabby and Layla finally stopped crying and looked up at eachother.
"Layla, I don't know what i'm going to do without mom."
"I know what you mean. She was like a mother to me too."
Gabby smiled and hugged Layla "Thanks. For everything."
She went home that night thinking of nothing but her mom and what she would do with her life. Walking into her home she decided that she would no longer be able to live there. Gabby sighed and went to her room. "Where to go and what to do." Gabby thought "I can't stay here. Its to depressing. I've got to talk to Layla, maybe in the morning though."
With that, Gabby went to bed. The next morning she woke up and immediately got dressed. She packed her things and ran out the door with only a pack of clothes and a brush. Running to Layla's house she passed several people (whom im sure where suspicious when seeing a girl with a backpack dangling over her shoulder) and trees but, she didnt take any notice to them. (That was pretty much just a filler..kinda like these.) When Gabby arrived at Layla's house she burst through the door and ran over to her.
"Layla, I don't know what to do! I can't live at my mom's house anymore. Its to depressing! I'm thinking of going to work for Orochimaru."
"WHAT?! If your going im coming with you! I mean, we already lost your mom. I can't lose you too."
End Notes:
R&R please!
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=3074